June 17, 2010 12:12am
WASHINGTON (JTA) — A recent report by Physicians for Human Rights has found that in the period after Sept. 11, 2001, the U.S. government engaged military and civilian health professionals in “human research and experimentation on prisoners in U.S. custody.” Appalled by these findings, a number of religious leaders representing the National Religious Campaign Against…
May 17, 2009 8:34pm
The impending vacancy on the U.S. Supreme Court will have tremendous implications, so the American Jewish community must be heard in the debate over the next justice, says Reform Jewish leader Rabbi David Saperstein.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- NYC to fund security guards for Jewish schools
- Thousands attend wedding of woman whose father, brother killed in terror attack
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- Jewish disability advocate chides Trump for mocking reporter