July 5, 2013 10:31am
Preparing for one bar or bat mitzvah service is tough enough. Eliana Werbel did it twice: once for an egalitarian service at a campsite, the second at a women’s prayer service two weeks later at her family’s Modern Orthodox synagogue.
June 28, 2013 9:00am
Friends of Angela Gold showed up to the Bedford Post Inn expecting to celebrate her conversion. Instead they found themselves at a wedding.
June 20, 2013 5:15pm
The story of how the hip-hop artist known as D-Black ended up under the chupah.
December 19, 2012 8:13pm
Community members and Jamaica’s first rabbi in many years say that Jews by choice are key to the future of Jamaica’s tiny, racially mixed community.
December 19, 2012 8:10pm
The Jewish traveler seeking something beyond Jamaica’s beaches, mountains, rainforests, dolphin coves, water sports and reggae music can find places that speak to the nation’s deeply rooted Jewish heritage.
October 14, 2012 2:16pm
With demand for senior camps falling and more active seniors seeking different kinds of experiences, Jewish senior camps are trying to adapt to appeal to a new generation of older American Jews.
October 11, 2012 3:52pm
Jewish programs nationwide bring youngsters and older adults together, providing companionship to the elderly and enriching experiences to the young.
September 25, 2012 5:28pm
The map included in Apple’s new iOS6 operating system reportedly does not show Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
September 25, 2012 5:12pm
A prominent haredi Orthodox rabbi in Israel ordered his followers to burn their iPhones.
September 25, 2012 3:35pm
A bipartisan group of U.S. senators asked Cuban President Raul Castro to release jailed American contractor Alan Gross.
- Jewish suspects among 41 charged in gas meter scam in Brooklyn
- 300 Jewish leaders sign letter rejecting ‘baseless accusations’ against Rep. Keith Ellison
- Pendant uncovered at Sobibor may have belonged to teen relative of Anne Frank
OpinionBomb threats won’t derail the vital activity of JCCs
- Israel bombed military airport near Damascus, Syrian officials say
- Report: Abbas met with US businessmen to establish back channel to Trump
- Boxing rabbi Yuri Foreman loses title bout
- Obama: UN vote did not cause ‘major rupture’ in US-Israel relations
- Kerry reassures Netanyahu that Paris peace meeting will not lead to more UN action
- French FM: Trump moving US embassy to Jerusalem a provocation
- Labour’s Corbyn calls for investigation of Israel’s influence in British politics