July 5, 2013 10:31am
Preparing for one bar or bat mitzvah service is tough enough. Eliana Werbel did it twice: once for an egalitarian service at a campsite, the second at a women’s prayer service two weeks later at her family’s Modern Orthodox synagogue.
June 28, 2013 9:00am
Friends of Angela Gold showed up to the Bedford Post Inn expecting to celebrate her conversion. Instead they found themselves at a wedding.
June 20, 2013 5:15pm
The story of how the hip-hop artist known as D-Black ended up under the chupah.
December 19, 2012 8:13pm
Community members and Jamaica’s first rabbi in many years say that Jews by choice are key to the future of Jamaica’s tiny, racially mixed community.
December 19, 2012 8:10pm
The Jewish traveler seeking something beyond Jamaica’s beaches, mountains, rainforests, dolphin coves, water sports and reggae music can find places that speak to the nation’s deeply rooted Jewish heritage.
October 14, 2012 2:16pm
With demand for senior camps falling and more active seniors seeking different kinds of experiences, Jewish senior camps are trying to adapt to appeal to a new generation of older American Jews.
October 11, 2012 3:52pm
Jewish programs nationwide bring youngsters and older adults together, providing companionship to the elderly and enriching experiences to the young.
September 25, 2012 5:28pm
The map included in Apple’s new iOS6 operating system reportedly does not show Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
September 25, 2012 5:12pm
A prominent haredi Orthodox rabbi in Israel ordered his followers to burn their iPhones.
September 25, 2012 3:35pm
A bipartisan group of U.S. senators asked Cuban President Raul Castro to release jailed American contractor Alan Gross.
- Saban says Keith Ellison’s DNC win would bring ‘disaster’ to relationship between Jews and Dems
- Amar’e Stoudemire’s son, barred from Israeli youth basketball, invited to try baseball
- How Israel is courting tourists from India and China
- This former nebbish can help you become super popular — like him
OpinionWhile Israel tarries on pluralism, the Diaspora may be running out of patience
- An anti-Trump comics collection edited by the Spiegelman family
- Trump names Jewish billionaire Stephen Schwarzman to head economic advisory team
- Swiss court overturns hate-incitement conviction for Jewish musician’s Facebook remarks
- Christian-funded philanthropy claims a fifth of Jewish immigration in ’16, irking main aliyah body
OpinionWhy planting more trees in Israel is a bad idea right now
- Azerbaijan’s embassy to co-host Hanukkah party at Trump’s DC hotel