June 28, 2012 4:00pm
A Chicago Chabad House avoided foreclosure by filing for bankruptcy.
June 28, 2012 3:25pm
Who qualifies as “other” among the growing number of Jews eschewing movement identification is open to debate. But some leading outreach professionals agree: Their needs remain unmet by the organized Jewish community.
June 28, 2012 2:54pm
Orthodox and Reform Jewish campers will hold a joint Fourth of July celebration.
June 28, 2012 1:35pm
Andrew Rehfeld, a law professor long active in the Jewish community, was named the chief executive officer and president of the Jewish Federation of St. Louis.
June 25, 2012 4:10pm
The Virginia Holocaust Museum ousted its executive director and president, Jay Ipson.
June 20, 2012 3:00pm
The latest round of negotiations over Iran’s nuclear program ended with no agreement.
June 19, 2012 5:39pm
Class-action attorneys have filed a lawsuit against Hebrew National’s parent company, ConAgra, claiming its products do not meet the standards of ‘Orthodox Jewish law.’ ConAgra and the kosher certifier of Hebrew National products are rejecting the claim.
June 12, 2012 6:34pm
The largest Jewish community outside of Israel has America’s most diverse Jewish population, according to a population survey by New York’s federation.
June 11, 2012 6:34pm
Rabbi Rick Jacobs in his formal installation as president of the Union for Reform Judaism called on the movement to “chart a new course.”
June 11, 2012 4:13pm
Herbert Klapper, the president of a New Jersey not-for-profit cemetery, has one of the top salaries in the Jewish communal world.
- Jewish journalist sticks up for Trump after being called a ‘liar’
- Bomb threats called in to at least 10 JCCs in fourth round of harassment
- ‘Holocaust tourism’ laid bare in eye-opening documentary
- Chuck Todd and others ask: Why won’t President Trump denounce anti-Semitism?
- Dutch Muslim who preached ‘harmony’ unmasked as ‘rabid anti-Semite’
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Mike Pence visits site of Nazi camp Dachau
- Israel’s investment in Mexico hits all-time high at over $2 billion
- Montreal imam calls to ‘destroy the accursed Jews’ in viral video
- Herzog confirms unity talks followed secret meeting on regional peace initiative
- Tennessee prison inmate sues for better kosher food