is a JTA Paris correspondent. She has written and worked for the Los Angeles Times and the Associated Press Paris bureaus, and is a regular contributor to The New Waver Quarterly, which covers French culture. Lauter is currently completing a master's thesis at Saint Denis University on the relationship between Jewish and Muslim youth in Parisian low-income suburbs, as well as a collection of true stories on a Jewish and Muslim mixed gang.
January 31, 2010 8:10pm
French President Nicolas Sarkozy’s first grandson was circumcised according to Jewish tradition.
January 27, 2010 10:54pm
Vandalism at a Jewish cemetery in Strasbourg was discovered on International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
January 27, 2010 3:10am
A group of Islamic extremists burst into a French mosque’s prayer service and threatened the presiding imam, known for his efforts to improve Muslim-Jewish ties.
December 10, 2009 6:42pm
Elie Wiesel urged Hungary’s leaders to do more to combat racism and anti-Semitism, and also to consider banning Holocaust denial.
December 3, 2009 8:49pm
France’s chief rabbi said Europe must change its attitude about Islam.
November 30, 2009 8:10pm
The French comedian Dieudonne said he secured funding from Iran for films meant to “combat” Zionism in France.
November 15, 2009 8:34pm
Syrian President Bashar Assad rejected an offer to meet directly with Israeli leaders during a visit to Paris.
October 18, 2009 6:26pm
Shimon Peres said that the fact that Israel is suspected of having nuclear weapons is dissuading Iran from striking the Jewish state.
October 14, 2009 4:06pm
Israeli artists are being showcased throughout France in honor of Tel Aviv’s 100th birthday.
September 23, 2009 10:39pm
Egypt’s culture minister blamed a Jewish “conspiracy” for his election loss to head a U.N. agency. .
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
SponsoredA ‘US president’ and 4 other celebrities you didn’t know went to Brandeis
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition
- California man sentenced to life in prison for killing Jewish doctor he blamed for botched surgery