is a JTA Paris correspondent. She has written and worked for the Los Angeles Times and the Associated Press Paris bureaus, and is a regular contributor to The New Waver Quarterly, which covers French culture. Lauter is currently completing a master's thesis at Saint Denis University on the relationship between Jewish and Muslim youth in Parisian low-income suburbs, as well as a collection of true stories on a Jewish and Muslim mixed gang.
January 31, 2010 8:10pm
French President Nicolas Sarkozy’s first grandson was circumcised according to Jewish tradition.
January 27, 2010 10:54pm
Vandalism at a Jewish cemetery in Strasbourg was discovered on International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
January 27, 2010 3:10am
A group of Islamic extremists burst into a French mosque’s prayer service and threatened the presiding imam, known for his efforts to improve Muslim-Jewish ties.
December 10, 2009 6:42pm
Elie Wiesel urged Hungary’s leaders to do more to combat racism and anti-Semitism, and also to consider banning Holocaust denial.
December 3, 2009 8:49pm
France’s chief rabbi said Europe must change its attitude about Islam.
November 30, 2009 8:10pm
The French comedian Dieudonne said he secured funding from Iran for films meant to “combat” Zionism in France.
November 15, 2009 8:34pm
Syrian President Bashar Assad rejected an offer to meet directly with Israeli leaders during a visit to Paris.
October 18, 2009 6:26pm
Shimon Peres said that the fact that Israel is suspected of having nuclear weapons is dissuading Iran from striking the Jewish state.
October 14, 2009 4:06pm
Israeli artists are being showcased throughout France in honor of Tel Aviv’s 100th birthday.
September 23, 2009 10:39pm
Egypt’s culture minister blamed a Jewish “conspiracy” for his election loss to head a U.N. agency. .
- Three Italian brothers try to find the cave they lived in during the Holocaust
- Israeli terror victims named; Abbas calls for Palestinian ‘victory’
- Secular young Jews come here for drinks, socializing — and Torah learning
- Sean Spicer resigns: The press secretary’s most memorable Jewish moments
- Chechnya’s Jewish community doesn’t exist — but it’s angry at Israel
- Shuttered Bronx synagogue becomes a dumping ground
- Sephardi heritage center honors Spanish politician who said Israel massacres children
- B’nai B’rith slams State Dept. for saying ‘lack of hope’ drives terrorism
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- HIAS ‘glad’ Supreme Court upholds decision to add grandparents, grandchildren to family defintion
- Thousands attend funeral of three members of one family killed in Palestinian stabbing attack