November 1, 2010 9:02pm
With an unusually high breast cancer rate of approximately one in seven women, Israel has become a global model for treatment and research into breast cancer.
October 26, 2010 12:33am
Cloistered away in a snug meeting room with stone-faced walls and arched doorways across from Jerusalem’s Old City, some of the most important Jewish communal leaders in the world came together recently to wrestle with a question: Is there a role for the Diaspora in Israel’s decision making on peace?
October 14, 2010 12:25am
A reunion at Kibbutz Galon brought together more than 100 members of the Hashomer Hatzair youth movement who left their American homes six decades ago to make a life in the kibbutzim of the new Jewish state. Sixty years on, about half of them came to the reunion from the United States.
September 22, 2010 4:06pm
The new head of the settlers’ umbrella organization in the West Bank is a high-tech entrepreneur and former Netanyahu confidante who doesn’t live in the West Bank.
September 21, 2010 5:09pm
Settler leaders are taking Israeli opinion makers on West Bank tours they hope will provide Israelis with a more sympathetic view of the 320,000 Jews who live in the West Bank.
September 12, 2010 6:43pm
At 45, Gadi Taub is not your typical Israeli public intellectual. The former TV host for children’s programming, best-selling novelist and essayist criticizes both the left and right in arguing for a revival of classical Zionism.
September 2, 2010 9:59pm
An organization in Israel helps women hire private detectives to compel recalcitrant husbands to grant religious writs of divorce, or gets.
August 5, 2010 12:37am
A new $100 million renovation renews the Israel Museum, the country’s largest cultural institution.
July 14, 2010 9:53pm
Innovations in medical devices, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology has become big business in Israel.
June 29, 2010 12:40am
More than a year after a massive natural gas find off the Israeli coast sparked hopes in Israel of a new era of energy independence, Israel is weighing how to deliver the gas safely.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- NJ man who fire-bombed rabbi’s home convicted of terrorism
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair