January 8, 2014 3:53pm
Well familiar with Jewish day schools as a student and parent, an author exhorts schools to stop talking and start achieving.
January 10, 2013 4:56pm
Attendance is low at your organization’s winter board meeting? Don’t be so fast to blame the situation on snowbirds, says Erica Brown, JTA’s nonprofit leadership guru.
January 3, 2013 2:32pm
Schools need to think through their security strategies, says JTA nonprofit leadership guru Erica Brown.
December 20, 2012 2:03pm
You’re right, it’s rude, says JTA nonprofit leadership advice guru Erica Brown. Be on time!
November 8, 2012 8:15pm
Erica Brown offers some advice to a Romney supporter who is thinking of quitting a board because he can’t handle being surrounded by so many people who voted for President Obama.
November 1, 2012 1:04pm
Are you a Jewish organizational or synagogue leader wrestling with a tough question? Try asking Dr. Erica Brown.
July 17, 2011 9:05pm
With the arrival of the Three Weeks mourning period, author Erica Brown laments that Jews have no gathering place for their passions and causes, and that Judaism has been narrowed as a result of this loss.
September 2, 2009 10:13pm
All Jews, not just their leaders, are tasked with creating a Jewish institutional life that is warm, nurturing and welcoming, writes Jewish educator and leadership instructor Erica Brown.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- American Airlines to cancel flights to Israel
- Natalie Portman says Jewish community is too focused on the Holocaust
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew
- The Reform movement’s new holiday prayer book is radically inclusive