February 12, 2013 9:26pm
Rabbi David Hartman, who died this week, influenced a whole new generation to be committed to Jewish learning and unflinching intellectual honesty, writes a colleague from the Shalom Hartman Institute of Jerusalem.
January 25, 2010 9:00pm
Pope Benedict could demonstrate his commitment to Jewish-Catholic relations by promoting the study of Pope John Paul II’s teachings about the Jewish people and instituting a non-conversionary prayer for today’s Jewish people and for Israel on the Feast of St. James, the patron saint of Jerusalem.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Ted Cruz campaign defends pastor who said God will send hunters for Jews
- Bernie Sanders wins New Hampshire primary, makes Jewish history
- Jewish day schools in 2 US cities receive threatening phone calls
- Op-Ed: I’m not your mitzvah project
- Why Bernie Sanders isn’t beating Joe Lieberman on Jewish pride
- Mayim Bialik puts Jewish modesty aside, flashes Piers Morgan