February 12, 2013 9:26pm
Rabbi David Hartman, who died this week, influenced a whole new generation to be committed to Jewish learning and unflinching intellectual honesty, writes a colleague from the Shalom Hartman Institute of Jerusalem.
January 25, 2010 9:00pm
Pope Benedict could demonstrate his commitment to Jewish-Catholic relations by promoting the study of Pope John Paul II’s teachings about the Jewish people and instituting a non-conversionary prayer for today’s Jewish people and for Israel on the Feast of St. James, the patron saint of Jerusalem.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- CNN posts Middle East map that doesn’t show Israel
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse