February 12, 2013 9:26pm
Rabbi David Hartman, who died this week, influenced a whole new generation to be committed to Jewish learning and unflinching intellectual honesty, writes a colleague from the Shalom Hartman Institute of Jerusalem.
January 25, 2010 9:00pm
Pope Benedict could demonstrate his commitment to Jewish-Catholic relations by promoting the study of Pope John Paul II’s teachings about the Jewish people and instituting a non-conversionary prayer for today’s Jewish people and for Israel on the Feast of St. James, the patron saint of Jerusalem.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- American Airlines to cancel flights to Israel
- Natalie Portman says Jewish community is too focused on the Holocaust
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- The Reform movement’s new holiday prayer book is radically inclusive
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew