October 22, 2015 6:43am
Jewish cemeteries and Holocaust memorials in Greece have seen a spate of vandalism incidents in the past year.
October 15, 2015 6:56am
The group’s president said a pending bill would cost 11,000 Greek jobs and blamed it on Jewish groups to benefit Israeli generic drug makers.
September 22, 2015 12:02pm
The migrants are coming from countries that are technically at war with Israel.
September 21, 2015 6:39am
Golden Dawn stayed the country’s third largest party despite most of its leaders being jailed on charges of heading a violent criminal organization.
August 17, 2015 1:05pm
Each summer, thousands of tourists come to Rhodes for sea and sun. For some Jews, however, the journey is a homecoming.
July 6, 2015 4:16pm
The Jewish community of about 5,000 is grappling with how to provide emergency assistance to Jews in need, with Holocaust survivors particularly hard hit by the debt crisis in Greece.
June 25, 2015 6:13am
Member of Parliament Dimitris Kammenos posted a picture on Facebook of the death camp gates with the pro-Europe slogan “We stay in Europe” replacing the “Arbeit macht frei” sign on the gate,
June 22, 2015 11:39am
The black marble monument commemorating the 1,484 Jews from the northern port city of Kavala who were murdered by the Nazis was discovered to be covered in blue paint.
June 10, 2015 6:49am
The memorial, which sits next to a playground erected in the children’s memory in central Athens, had been defaced earlier this month with a swastika and Nazi SS signs.
June 8, 2015 10:20am
The black marble monument in the port city of Kavala was dedicated weeks after the original event was called off by city authorities, who wanted the Star of David removed.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Spelling bee champ nails obscure Yiddish word en route to victory
- Crash kills three workers at Jewish camp in Pennsylvania
WatchSteven Spielberg, in Harvard commencement speech, says anti-Semitism on the rise
- NY Times removes quotation marks from Israeli ‘occupation’
- Captain America is a secret Nazi, and people are going crazy about it
- Israel is now the land of milk and whiskey
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair