June 22, 2015 11:39am
The black marble monument commemorating the 1,484 Jews from the northern port city of Kavala who were murdered by the Nazis was discovered to be covered in blue paint.
June 10, 2015 6:49am
The memorial, which sits next to a playground erected in the children’s memory in central Athens, had been defaced earlier this month with a swastika and Nazi SS signs.
June 8, 2015 10:20am
The black marble monument in the port city of Kavala was dedicated weeks after the original event was called off by city authorities, who wanted the Star of David removed.
April 20, 2015 6:54am
The trial at a high-security prison outside Athens, where the party leaders are being held, was adjourned for three weeks amid reports of the attacks.
January 27, 2015 3:23pm
Panos Kammenos of the ultranationalist Independent Greeks joins the new coalition of the far-left Syriza party.
January 26, 2015 5:18am
Golden Dawn maintained its third-place position despite a crackdown on its activities.
January 13, 2015 8:08am
Last month, a right-wing politician said in an interview that Jews don’t pay taxes.
January 7, 2015 6:07am
The storm uprooted trees in the Ioannina Jewish cemetery, crushing about 20 gravestones and destroying the flagstone path leading into the burial ground.
December 25, 2014 6:47am
A swastika was sprayed on the gates of the cemetery, while the word “Juden,” the Nazi SS symbol, and the epithet “six million more” were scrawled on the cemetery walls in the city of Larissa,
December 16, 2014 6:35am
The Central Board of Jewish Communities in Greece called on Panos Kammenos, leader of the small Independent Greeks Party, to apologize for his TV comment.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
High Holidays 2016Celebrity chefs share their Rosh Hashanah recipes
- Amy Schumer’s defense against racism accusations: ‘You got the wrong Jew’
- Here’s the insanely long list of US dignitaries attending Shimon Peres’ funeral
- Saying goodbye to Shimon Peres, world leaders talk peace and love
- Abbas to attend Peres funeral, Arab-Israeli party leader Ayman Odeh will not
- In rare tribute, Obama orders flags flown at half-staff for Peres
- Bill Clinton joins throng of Israelis in viewing casket of Shimon Peres at the Knesset
- Anti-Semitic fliers put on cars at San Francisco-area train stops
- Residents of Shimon Peres’ Belarus birthplace gather outside his childhood home
- British Labour Party activist questions Holocaust Remembrance Day, existence of anti-Semitism
- Human rights groups urge US to probe Israeli soldiers’ killing of Palestinian-American teen
- On the road with Bill and Barack
- Hillary Clinton urges Jews to aim for their ‘best selves’ in call to get out the vote
- What does a libertarian like Gary Johnson’s running mate see in Shimon Peres?
- Trump NYC fundraiser co-hosted by prominent Jews expected to bring in $1 million
- The ‘big league’ Jewish moments in the first Trump-Clinton debate
- Netanyahu, following debate, tells Cabinet it does not matter who is elected US president