May 20, 2004 9:00am
Reciting the Shema recalls the revelation of the Torah on Shavuot and is a basic part of Jewish identity, one commentator writes.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- NYC to fund security guards for Jewish schools
- Thousands attend wedding of woman whose father, brother killed in terror attack
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- Jewish disability advocate chides Trump for mocking reporter