May 20, 2004 9:00am
Reciting the Shema recalls the revelation of the Torah on Shavuot and is a basic part of Jewish identity, one commentator writes.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- James Franco to have bar mitzvah, with help from Seth Rogen
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- N.Y. woman identified as ex-Hasid jumps 20 stories to her death