May 17, 2005 9:00am
On the eve of Lebanese elections, Hezbollah faces a choice between remaining an independent militia facing increasing calls to disarm or becoming a legitimate political party.
May 10, 2005 9:00am
A binational school in Israel’s Galilee seeks to foster coexistence by teaching students in both Arabic and Hebrew and stressing both Arab and Jewish narratives of the history of Israel.
May 3, 2005 9:00am
Public opinion and international forced Syria out of Lebanon, but it’s hard to predict just how its pullout will affect Israel and the rest of the region.
April 18, 2005 9:00am
Hamas, the Muslim fundamentalist movement and terrorist organization, may soon become a decisive force not only in the struggle against Israel but in the Palestinian political establishment.
April 4, 2005 9:00am
Four months after he was elected president of the Palestinian Authority, Mahmoud Abbas is fighting for his political life and possibly for the survival of the peace process.
February 22, 2005 10:00am
Recent riots by Druse youth against their Christian neighbors in a Galilee village have exposed rifts among minority communities in Israel.
February 7, 2005 10:00am
The Palestinian press is undergoing a transformation, gradually departing from its traditional role as a mouthpiece for the government and experiencing the beginnings of freedom.
January 25, 2005 10:00am
It’s no secret that media in the Palestinian Authority, as in much of the Muslim world, present depictions of Jews that would not have been out of place in the most anti-Semitic of Nazi publications. But are such depictions laying the groundwork for genoc
January 18, 2005 10:00am
Residents in the Negev town of Sderot are torn between the natural need to get on with their lives and the painful fact that they’re the prime target for Palestinian rockets fired from the neighboring Gaza Strip.
December 14, 2004 10:00am
Five weeks before the Palestinian Authority presidential elections, front-runner Mahmoud Abbas took a campaign swing through the Arab world, working hard to establish himself as the inevitable new Palestinian leader.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- Chief Rabbinate telling more and more Israelis they aren’t Jews
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Settlement of Refugees in Northern Canada Studied
- Leonard Cohen memorial concert in Montreal to feature Sting, Elvis Costello
- Chabad leaders call for reporting child abuse to secular authorities
- St. Louis synagogue opens doors to protesters against police shooting
- Bulgarian Foreign Ministry condemns vandalism in Sofia Jewish cemetery
- US opens first military base on Israeli soil