February 28, 2013 3:45pm
Rabbi Dan Ehrenkrantz will step down as president of the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College.
February 28, 2013 3:05pm
Five authors from three countries were named the finalists for the 2013 Sami Rohr Prize for Jewish Literature.
February 27, 2013 10:11pm
Yityish Aynaw, a former Israeli army officer, became the first Ethiopian-Israeli to win the Miss Israel pageant.
February 26, 2013 9:40pm
At shopping malls across the United States, Israeli workers are hawking hand creams, eye lotions and hair straighteners from brand-name Israeli manufacturers. American law enforcement is starting to notice. JTA’s Gil Shefler reports.
February 21, 2013 9:16pm
Shoe designer Stuart Weitzman, a former member of the U.S. Maccabiah Games table tennis team, donated $1 million to Maccabi USA.
February 21, 2013 8:08pm
Iran has installed centrifuges at its largest nuclear enrichment plant that could be used to produce radioactive material for a nuclear weapon, the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog said.
February 21, 2013 8:02pm
Chabad rejected a proposal by Russian President Vladimir Putin that a disputed collection of books and documents be kept at a Jewish museum in Moscow.
February 21, 2013 7:51pm
A New Jersey-based company was awarded the first license to drill for oil in the Golan Heights.
February 21, 2013 7:10pm
Rachel Stein was the winner of BBYO’s BBG Oratory Contest, the results of which were announced at BBYO’s International Convention 2013, which ended Sunday in Washington, DC. She addressed the prompt: “Is Judaism a religions, race or culture? Can it be all three? Is it something entirely different?”
February 21, 2013 6:30pm
Nathan Levy was the winner of BBYO’s AZA Oratory Contest, the result of which were announced at BBYO’s International Convention in 2013, which ended Sunday in Washington, DC. He addressed the prompt: “What does brotherly love look like in 2013 and how can it be made stronger?
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer