February 28, 2013 10:10pm
The Reform movement will honor Rabbi Richard A. Block at an event marking the start of his tenure as president of the Central Conference on American Rabbis (CCAR).
February 28, 2013 3:45pm
Rabbi Dan Ehrenkrantz will step down as president of the Reconstructionist Rabbinical College.
February 28, 2013 3:05pm
Five authors from three countries were named the finalists for the 2013 Sami Rohr Prize for Jewish Literature.
February 27, 2013 10:11pm
Yityish Aynaw, a former Israeli army officer, became the first Ethiopian-Israeli to win the Miss Israel pageant.
February 26, 2013 9:40pm
At shopping malls across the United States, Israeli workers are hawking hand creams, eye lotions and hair straighteners from brand-name Israeli manufacturers. American law enforcement is starting to notice. JTA’s Gil Shefler reports.
February 25, 2013 12:49pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — Dressed in a black-and-white tuxedo and surrounded by a Secret Service detail, former President Bill Clinton greeted well-wishers at a bar mitzvah held at an upscale hotel in Los Angeles, shaking hands with guests and patiently posing for pictures. Once everyone had arrived, the president turned to the audience to introduce…
February 21, 2013 9:16pm
Shoe designer Stuart Weitzman, a former member of the U.S. Maccabiah Games table tennis team, donated $1 million to Maccabi USA.
February 21, 2013 8:08pm
Iran has installed centrifuges at its largest nuclear enrichment plant that could be used to produce radioactive material for a nuclear weapon, the U.N.’s nuclear watchdog said.
February 21, 2013 8:02pm
Chabad rejected a proposal by Russian President Vladimir Putin that a disputed collection of books and documents be kept at a Jewish museum in Moscow.
February 21, 2013 7:51pm
A New Jersey-based company was awarded the first license to drill for oil in the Golan Heights.
- Jared and Ivanka’s rabbis don’t know who gave them permission to fly on Shabbat
- Is Meghan Markle Jewish? The internet is confused.
- Jared, Ivanka and that Friday night flight: Experts respond
- Orthodox Jewish paramedic sues NY hospital over its no-skirts policy
WatchMark Zuckerberg just used a Hebrew prayer to inspire Harvard ’17
- ‘Alt-right’ celebrates alleged body slam of Jewish reporter Ben Jacobs by GOP congressional candidate
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- How this African-American Jew uses cooking to fuse his two identities
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’
- There’s an Orthodox version of ‘Shark Tank’
- Animal rights group appeals decision allowing Yom Kippur chicken rite