February 25, 2011 1:28am
You may have noticed that the ordinarily vociferous Fundermentalist has been awfully quiet recently. Well, that’s because some changes have been brewing. JTA and The Fundermentalist have been my home for the past four years, and you all have been the neighbors that I have loved and probably ticked off from time to time. But…
February 9, 2011 1:15am
America’s most generous citizens gave less in 2010 than they have over the past decade, but Jews remained among the top givers, according to an annual survey by the Chronicle of Philanthropy.
February 8, 2011 9:09pm
Storahtelling has tapped former Birthright NEXT executive Isaac Shalev to become its next executive director.
February 7, 2011 8:52pm
Philanthropist Alan Slifka, founder of the Abraham Fund, has died.
February 7, 2011 7:19pm
The U.S. Department of Justice is investigating some aspects of the international operations of the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee.
February 4, 2011 9:10pm
A Jerusalem-based think tank said its website was hacked by a group affiliated with Hamas.
February 4, 2011 8:12pm
The University of Maryland has managed to raise enough money to keep its Yiddish program going at least through 2013.
February 4, 2011 12:30am
The board of directors of Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life elected New York businessman Thomas Blumberg as its next chairman.
February 4, 2011 12:00am
Washington Redskins’ owner Daniel Snyder has filed a defamation lawsuit against an alternative D.C. newspaper, claiming in part that the paper’s depiction of him was anti-Semitic.
February 3, 2011 1:32am
World ORT and ORT Israel both can use the ORT name for fundraising purposes, Israel’s Supreme Court ruled.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer