January 31, 2011 7:44pm
The trustee for the Bernard Madoff estate has sued the owners of the New York Mets, claiming they should have known the money made with Madoff was done so nefariously.
January 31, 2011 7:29pm
The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust has given the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology a $5 million grant to further develop a light, long-lasting and environmentally friendly battery for energy storage.
January 25, 2011 10:30pm
With the anticipated closing of major Jewish foundations like the Richard and Rhoda Goldman Fund, the Avi Chai Foundation and the Andrea and Charles Bronfman Philanthropies, will the heirs of these philanthropists and others continue their benefactors’ traditions of Jewish giving?
January 21, 2011 8:58pm
One of the country’s largest Jewish foundations will close in two years and its assets will be divided among the foundations of its founder’s heirs. The San Francisco-based Richard and Rhoda Goldman Fund, which has about $280 million in assets, will close at the end of 2012, according to the San Francisco Chronicle. The 60-year-old…
January 20, 2011 11:49pm
One of the country’s largest Jewish foundations will close in two years and its assets will be divided among the foundations of its founder’s heirs.
January 19, 2011 9:30pm
The Israel Sci-Tech Schools Network and Israel’s Education Ministry have launched a $50 million campaign to improve 50 schools on Israel’s periphery.
January 19, 2011 3:13am
The national board of Hadassah: The Women’s Zionist Organization of America has nominated its former treasurer to take over the organization’s top lay leadership position.
December 22, 2010 1:55am
The American Jewish population is larger than thought, according to new estimates compiled by Brandeis University.
December 21, 2010 9:23pm
The Jewish Federations of North America said the federation system will distribute $2.4 million to help Israel recover from the Carmel Mountain fire.
December 16, 2010 7:32am
Federation hire: The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington is coming closer to hiring as its CEO Steve Rakitt, the longtime top executive of the Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta, but the process is not yet complete, the Washington federation’s president told The Fundermentalist. Rakitt, whose name has been swirling around federation circles in recent days,…
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- Chief Rabbinate telling more and more Israelis they aren’t Jews
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter
- Settlement of Refugees in Northern Canada Studied
- Leonard Cohen memorial concert in Montreal to feature Sting, Elvis Costello
- Chabad leaders call for reporting child abuse to secular authorities
- St. Louis synagogue opens doors to protesters against police shooting
- Bulgarian Foreign Ministry condemns vandalism in Sofia Jewish cemetery
- US opens first military base on Israeli soil