September 15, 2011 12:49pm
Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou was scheduled to consult with his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu regarding drilling for natural gas near Cyprus.
September 5, 2011 12:36pm
Greece and Israel signed a security cooperation agreement amid declining Israeli relations with neighboring Turkey.
September 4, 2011 2:11pm
Jews who left Greece during World War II can have their citizenship reinstated following the enactment of a new law in Greece.
September 4, 2011 1:53pm
One hundred Israeli journalists arrived in Salonika, Greece for the annual meeting of the Tel Aviv-based Israel Press Association.
July 3, 2011 1:23pm
All operational ships slated to participate in the Gaza-bond flotilla will depart on Monday, organizers said.
June 23, 2011 4:18pm
The Greek government is trying to stop its citizens from joining an international flotilla that will try to break Israel’s naval blockade of the Gaza Strip.
June 20, 2011 7:19pm
A Holocaust memorial in the Greek city of Salonika was vandalized with swastikas and anti-Semitic slogans.
March 24, 2011 6:29pm
The Greek government will compensate the Salonika Jewish community for the destruction of its cemetery during the Nazi occupation.
March 17, 2011 5:20pm
David Saltiel, the head of Greece’s Jewish community, was honored by France with its highest civil decoration.
February 14, 2011 8:15pm
The historic exchange of visits by the premiers of Israel and Greece is a sign of rapprochement between the two countries, Israeli ambassador to Greece Arye Mekel said.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- Neo-Nazi group marches through Swedish city in run-up to planned Yom Kippur demonstration
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition