Jerome A. Chanes is editor of the “The Future of American Judaism” (Trinity/Columbia University Press).
May 3, 2000 12:51pm
JEWS AND THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT: Over the years, the JTA had more than 2,200 articles tracking every step of the civil rights struggle.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- The top 13 Jewish newsmakers of 5775
- Auschwitz ‘showers’ for tourists cool off some, offend others
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew
- Where does Bernie Sanders, the Jewish candidate for president, stand on Israel?