March 1, 2012 7:58pm
The Jewish National Fund once and for all must end its practice of evicting families, writes the executive director of Rabbis for Human Rights-North America.
September 22, 2011 3:43pm
Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur may be days to sit in prayer and contemplation, but they also should nourish our justice work and challenge Jews to recommit to these efforts in the year ahead, writes the executive director of Rabbis for Human Rights-North America.
May 31, 2011 2:47pm
In our passion for Jerusalem, we cannot ignore the fact that there are two cities: that of rich and that of poor, that of peace and that of conflict, that of Jew and that of Arab, writes Rabbi Jill Jacobs of Rabbis for Human Rights-North America.
June 30, 2009 5:50pm
The Fourth of July should inspire American Jews to draw on their religious traditions when engaging in the public square, writes Rabbi Jill Jacobs.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Spelling bee champ nails obscure Yiddish word en route to victory
- Crash kills three workers at Jewish camp in Pennsylvania
WatchSteven Spielberg, in Harvard commencement speech, says anti-Semitism on the rise
- NY Times removes quotation marks from Israeli ‘occupation’
- Captain America is a secret Nazi, and people are going crazy about it
- Israel is now the land of milk and whiskey
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair