February 2, 2016 5:35pm
In 2008, a massive federal immigration raid at the former Agriprocessors meatpacking plant, then the largest kosher slaughterhouse in the U.S., sent the town into a tailspin.
January 25, 2016 2:41pm
DES MOINES, Iowa (JTA) — Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said the partnership between the United States and Israel must strengthen amid a surge in global extremist terrorism. Speaking Monday before a crowd of 150 at the Jewish Federation of Des Moines, Clinton also insisted that amiable relations between the two countries “has to be…
January 25, 2016 1:02pm
Hosted by the New York-based organization OneTable, the Iowa event is the first of what the group hopes will be a series of dinners for Jewish staffers in primary states.
January 21, 2016 1:36pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (JTA) — On a frigid night in what has been an unusually cold winter here, Bernie Sanders packed more than 1,200 people into the resplendent Orpheum Theatre, a nearly 90-year-old venue in this western Iowa outpost across the Missouri River from Nebraska. After taking the stage late Tuesday night, the independent Vermont…
January 11, 2016 4:36pm
Three filmmakers allege that a Canadian author and her publisher plagiarized a family history presented in their documentary.
October 22, 2015 11:56am
Though some are lamenting the defeat of Stephen Harper, considered one of the Jewish state’s staunchest defenders on the world stage, Trudeau has emphasized the strength of the Canada-Israel friendship.
August 16, 2015 3:06pm
Hurricane Katrina displaced a large number of the residents who attended Congregation Beth Israel in Biloxi, Mississippi.
August 16, 2015 2:33pm
Piecing the community back together brought about a newfound spirit of collaboration across institutions and denominations in the storm-battered city.
February 17, 2015 1:26pm
Relations between Chabad and Cuban Jewish leadership have deteriorated in recent years to the point where Lubavitch emissaries will not step foot in the city’s Orthodox synagogue.
January 25, 2015 4:36pm
Down to about 1,500 Jews from 15,000 in 1959, the Cuban Jewish community continues to see the exodus of its younger and most active members to Israel.
- Could Gal Gadot become the biggest Israeli superstar ever?
- Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump reportedly failed to disclose multimillion-dollar art collection
- Scuffle erupts at rally against CUNY’s hosting of BDS promoter Linda Sarsour
- Britain joins US in opposing UN health body’s resolution singling out Israel
- This brave Jewish soldier saved an American battalion during WWI
- Kushner reportedly encouraged to step aside as FBI investigates Russia contacts
- Jewish, Muslim Manchester mourners have been friends for 10 years
- Hungarian state TV airs Iranian leader calling George Soros ‘evil Zionist-American’
- Palestinian hunger strikers end fast after compromise on family visits
- Estonian Jewry celebrates revival 75 years after Nazis declared it extinct
- Among Lithuania’s Jews, a fight for communal control takes a nasty ethnic turn