February 17, 2015 1:26pm
Relations between Chabad and Cuban Jewish leadership have deteriorated in recent years to the point where Lubavitch emissaries will not step foot in the city’s Orthodox synagogue.
January 25, 2015 4:36pm
Down to about 1,500 Jews from 15,000 in 1959, the Cuban Jewish community continues to see the exodus of its younger and most active members to Israel.
December 22, 2014 2:22pm
The Jewish community is divided over whether the Wheel of Conscience — Canada’s first and only Holocaust monument outside of a Jewish community institution — should return to its home in Halifax.
November 28, 2014 4:17pm
While Israel remains the destination of choice for French Jews, Quebec’s largest city is quietly becoming a popular alternative for émigrés.
September 18, 2014 2:10pm
The Shoah has its own gallery, while other genocides are clustered together, angering many who say the $351 million museum downplays lesser-studied atrocities.
September 28, 2012 2:37pm
Director Rama Burshtein talks to JTA about what drove her to focus on her own haredi Orthodox community in “Fill the Void,” Israel’s Oscar entry in the category of best foreign film.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments