JTA Mailman RSS

Latest

  • Emanuel should focus on Chicago

    To the Editor: As a Chicago resident, I have a suggestion for Mayor Rahm Emanuel: Focus on issues in our city. Crime in Chicago is out of control. Fight the exponential growing crime rates in the city that will affect us later on by reducing tourism and business. Reduce taxes or come up with a…

  • Censure Poland over restitution

    To the Editor: After pondering the very informative article "Holocaust restitution making little headway in E. Europe, Poland seen as worst offender," I am not immediately aware of any charter elements or codicils that would preclude administrative action by NATO and the European Union against Poland — to include possible member suspension or suspension of…

  • Restitution not just a Jewish issue

    To the Editor: The article “Holocaust restitution making little headway in E. Europe, Poland seen as worst offender” was biased and misleading. First, this is not merely a Jewish issue. Of the Polish property that was confiscated by Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia, only about 18 percent belonged to Jews, while the remaining 82 percent…

  • Stevie Wonder’s bias

    To the Editor: Stevie Wonder and his representatives are leaning toward, if not entirely supporting, the views of the enemies of Israel — a country facing existential threats on a biblical scale — as foretold in prophecy. Eric Lon Nicholasville, Ky.

  • Dialogue with Iran is senseless

    To the Editor: Dialogue and diplomatic endeavors have failed. They allow time to those who refuse to recognize Israel, yet clamor for its destruction, to aquire capital to rearm, reposition, plan and execute bombings and kidnappings, set booby traps and engage in small arms sniping. Iran has been a major weapons supplier to Hamas and…

  • U.S. lawmakers out of bounds

    To the Editor: Re "Senators Cardin and Collins warn Abbas about U.N. bid": The Palestinians are under Israeli occupation and Israel is in violation of numerous U.N. resolutions. Palestine wants to enter into an official dialogue with other countries in order to improve its citizens’ lives. What business do United States senators have in disputing…

  • Feeling bad for Kardashian

    To the Editor: I cannot grasp how someone like Kim Kardashian can be publicly flogged for expressing a heartfelt sympathy for two peoples at war with each other and appealing to her God for mercy on the innocents caught up in the conflict on both sides. Would Twitter followers be equally incensed if the comments…

  • Leaving Obama camp over Israel

    To the Editor: I voted for Obama four years ago. Since then I have noted his actions rather than his words. I did not vote for him Tuesday. Why? Because I fear that Obama’s re-election will be the beginning of the end of the alliance between Israel and the USA, and thus the eventual end…

  • Babs errs on Obama

    To the Editor: On Barbra Streisand’s National Jewish Democratic Council video, I have always been a great fan of Streisand but I thoroughly disagree with her. As a Jew and also a believer in God, which unfortunately are not necessarily the same, I absolutely know in my heart that Barack Obama does not have Jewish…

  • Biased for Obama

    To the Editor: Why doesn’t JTA just endorse President Obama already? I am sick of reading your articles that pretend to be fair but are thinly disguised promotion for Obama. The “kishkes” test? I mean really. As if Jews had nothing to worry about — or no other president has been subject to suspicion on…