January 31, 2016 6:13am
President Andrzej Duda conferred the honors on 17 actors at a ceremony that took place at the Jewish Theatre on Jan. 27, International Holocaust Remembrance Day.
January 27, 2016 9:56am
At a ceremony at the European Parliament to mark the day, the parliament’s president said “it hurts that in today’s Europe Jews again live in fear.”
January 24, 2016 10:34am
The commemoration will especially note survivors “who, despite enormous trauma, attempted to return to normal life.”
January 24, 2016 10:02am
Jews accounted for about one-third of the population of Suwalki before they were deported by the Nazis.
January 14, 2016 6:58am
Mahmoud Khalifa was awarded the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland, one of the highest honors that can be given to a foreigner.
January 11, 2016 7:11am
Christian organizations in Poland organized the march amid the recent wave of Palestinian violence across Israel.
January 4, 2016 11:33am
Nearly 80 percent of the visitors are guided by museum educators in one of 20 languages.
December 29, 2015 4:22pm
The 17-year-olds face up to 10 years in prison for allegedly stealing the items, which the boys say they were not aware had special cultural significance.
December 20, 2015 12:03pm
Pawel Kukiz was said to be referring to the American financier George Soros, who he accused of funding recent anti-government protests.
December 17, 2015 6:51am
The graffiti, painted in the cemetery on Sunday night, included the slogans: “Holocaust never happened,” “Allah bless Hitler,” “Islamic State was here,” “Islam will dominate,” and “F**k Jews.”
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer