September 29, 2015 8:16am
The municipality of Koronowo signed a contract this week to renovate the dilapidated building, which it bought from the Jewish community in the 1930s.
August 11, 2015 12:44pm
Tadeusz Markiewicz calls his case a matter of freedom of assembly.
August 4, 2015 1:52pm
The World Jewish Restitution Organization welcomed the Polish president’s decision to refer the law, which sets a six-month deadline for a hearing, to the tribunal.
August 3, 2015 8:18am
The last surviving prisoner of the Nazi extermination camp in Poland attended the ceremony marking the 72nd anniversary of the uprising’s outbreak.
July 29, 2015 11:30am
His $5.5 million gift to the Museum of the History of Polish Jews, despite not being Jewish, was the largest single grant from a private donor.
July 12, 2015 7:01am
On July 10, 1941, dozens of residents of the Polish town murdered hundreds of their Jewish neighbors, most of whom were burned alive in a barn.
July 1, 2015 7:05am
The Ukrainian teen who posted the photo on Facebook apologized to Poles who felt offended, but could be facing charges in Lublin.
June 22, 2015 12:24pm
A new award was created to recognize the growing number of Poles involved in the protection of Jewish heritage in their country.
June 4, 2015 7:51am
When Marcel Zielinski takes part in the 55-mile Ride For The Living, he will be a traversing a similar route he had taken 70 years earlier as a 10-year-old Holocaust survivor.
June 3, 2015 6:54am
Poland’s foreign minister thanked the recipients for their “contribution to Polish-Jewish relations, writing a common history in the new conditions.”
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- Ohio Israeli eatery to close following February machete attack
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair