July 12, 2015 7:01am
On July 10, 1941, dozens of residents of the Polish town murdered hundreds of their Jewish neighbors, most of whom were burned alive in a barn.
July 1, 2015 7:05am
The Ukrainian teen who posted the photo on Facebook apologized to Poles who felt offended, but could be facing charges in Lublin.
June 22, 2015 12:24pm
A new award was created to recognize the growing number of Poles involved in the protection of Jewish heritage in their country.
June 4, 2015 7:51am
When Marcel Zielinski takes part in the 55-mile Ride For The Living, he will be a traversing a similar route he had taken 70 years earlier as a 10-year-old Holocaust survivor.
June 3, 2015 6:54am
Poland’s foreign minister thanked the recipients for their “contribution to Polish-Jewish relations, writing a common history in the new conditions.”
May 26, 2015 1:34pm
Poland’s ombudsman Irena Lipowicz filed her request last year with the country’s Constitutional Tribunal, asking it to make kosher slaughter legal only for the use of the Jewish community in Poland.
May 26, 2015 6:55am
Winner Andrzej Duda, a conservative politician, criticized his opponent former president Bronislaw Komorowski’s apologies in recent years for the massacre that Polish farmers perpetrated against their Jewish neighbors in Jedwabne.
May 25, 2015 9:15am
The house in southeastern Poland, in which a Jewish family of 13 hid from the Nazis, was recently purchased by the businessman Maciej Piorkowski.
May 10, 2015 2:20pm
The monument, unveiled last September, commemorates the Jews of Rajgrod, who were liquidated in 1942.
April 26, 2015 7:07am
Bartoszewski had been sent to Auschwitz in 1940 because of his social activism and later became involved in the Polish resistance.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer