November 29, 2013 3:29pm
Steven M. Cohen and Rabbi Kerry Olitzky outline their vision for a cultural pathway to join the Jewish people that does not require religious commitments.
February 20, 2001 10:00am
NEW YORK, Feb. 20 (JTA) — It sounds like an everyday story: A beautiful young Jewish woman marries a rich and powerful non-Jewish man. She’s raised in an acculturated upper-class household, where the “religion” of power and influence is of greater importance than the religion of her ancestors. Synagogue attendance and Jewish education are not…
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments