March 22, 2013 10:43am
The drafters of Tunisia’s post-revolutionary constitution are considering a plan to allocate seats in the country’s new parliament to Jews.
January 28, 2013 3:49pm
More than 68 gravestones were found ransacked and graves were looted at a Jewish cemetery in the coastal Tunisian town of Sousse.
October 31, 2012 8:47pm
A network plotting to kidnap and ransom members of a southern Tunisia town’s Jewish community was broken up by the country’s national guard, a Tunisian newspaper reported.
July 9, 2012 7:07pm
Roger Bismuth, a member of Tunisia’s Senate under the toppled former regime, hopes to build a strong relationship with the new Islamist-leaning government of his small North African country and keep the aging Jewish community from further decline.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer