September 8, 2012 2:55pm
As Jews confess their sins on Yom Kippur, Rabbi Lawrence A. Hoffman says they should also remember to act nobly.
September 22, 2011 7:20pm
Lawrence Hoffman (Courtesy Jewish Lights Publishing) NEW YORK (JTA) — On his way to converting to Christianity, philosopher Franz Rosenzweig attended Yom Kippur services and was so moved that he decided to remain Jewish. One look at the most famous prayer for the occasion makes it hard to believe that he did not abandon Judaism…
September 1, 2010 4:20pm
Exploring the origins of and interpreting the Un’taneh Tokef, a poem that today is a centerpiece of the High Holy Days liturgy.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- ‘Hot cop’ from Hurricane Irma selfie suspended over anti-Semitic Facebook posts
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- Chief Rabbinate telling more and more Israelis they aren’t Jews
- Marc Zuckerberg posts photo giving century-old kiddush cup to daughter