September 8, 2012 2:55pm
As Jews confess their sins on Yom Kippur, Rabbi Lawrence A. Hoffman says they should also remember to act nobly.
September 22, 2011 7:20pm
Lawrence Hoffman (Courtesy Jewish Lights Publishing) NEW YORK (JTA) — On his way to converting to Christianity, philosopher Franz Rosenzweig attended Yom Kippur services and was so moved that he decided to remain Jewish. One look at the most famous prayer for the occasion makes it hard to believe that he did not abandon Judaism…
September 1, 2010 4:20pm
Exploring the origins of and interpreting the Un’taneh Tokef, a poem that today is a centerpiece of the High Holy Days liturgy.
- 300 Jewish leaders sign letter rejecting ‘baseless accusations’ against Rep. Keith Ellison
- Pendant uncovered at Sobibor may have belonged to teen relative of Anne Frank
- Kerry reassures Netanyahu that Paris peace meeting will not lead to more UN action
- Amazon employee fired after anti-Semitic note found in Jewish customer’s package
- Boxing rabbi Yuri Foreman loses title bout
- ADL jumps to Rep. Lewis’ defense after Trump tweet