September 8, 2012 2:55pm
As Jews confess their sins on Yom Kippur, Rabbi Lawrence A. Hoffman says they should also remember to act nobly.
September 22, 2011 7:20pm
Lawrence Hoffman (Courtesy Jewish Lights Publishing) NEW YORK (JTA) — On his way to converting to Christianity, philosopher Franz Rosenzweig attended Yom Kippur services and was so moved that he decided to remain Jewish. One look at the most famous prayer for the occasion makes it hard to believe that he did not abandon Judaism…
September 1, 2010 4:20pm
Exploring the origins of and interpreting the Un’taneh Tokef, a poem that today is a centerpiece of the High Holy Days liturgy.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- What Syria’s refugees think about Israel might surprise you
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- Ben Carson blames gun control for the Holocaust
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment
- Donald Trump gets priestly blessing from Jew for Jesus