September 8, 2012 2:55pm
As Jews confess their sins on Yom Kippur, Rabbi Lawrence A. Hoffman says they should also remember to act nobly.
September 22, 2011 7:20pm
Lawrence Hoffman (Courtesy Jewish Lights Publishing) NEW YORK (JTA) — On his way to converting to Christianity, philosopher Franz Rosenzweig attended Yom Kippur services and was so moved that he decided to remain Jewish. One look at the most famous prayer for the occasion makes it hard to believe that he did not abandon Judaism…
September 1, 2010 4:20pm
Exploring the origins of and interpreting the Un’taneh Tokef, a poem that today is a centerpiece of the High Holy Days liturgy.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- American Airlines to cancel flights to Israel
- The top 13 Jewish newsmakers of 5775
- Natalie Portman says Jewish community is too focused on the Holocaust
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew