October 4, 2011 4:17pm
No friend to democracy, Vladimir Putin — who is virtually guaranteed to return to Russia’s presidency in 2012, possibly until 2024 — is seen as a guarantor of stability for Russia’s Jewish community.
March 2, 2008 10:00am
With Sunday’s vote, Russians again have entrusted their future to those whose true intentions, motives, political views and plans at best are unknown to them, JTA’s former Moscow bureau chief says.
March 26, 2007 9:00am
Researchers can more easily look into East European Jewish life from the Middle Ages until Soviet times with a newly published guide to Jewish holdings in Kiev archives.
March 18, 2007 9:00am
Elderly members of a remote Moscow congregation are drawn to their weekly gatherings as much to spend time with fellow Jews as to learn Jewishly.
- Anti-Semitic city council candidate says more anti-Semitic things
- Lawmakers introduce bipartisan resolution to honor Israeli-American community
- US senators to UN: Treatment of Israel ‘must change’
- Chicago Jewish couple married 69 years die moments apart holding hands
- What if the Nazis won? This is what American pop music would sound like.