October 4, 2011 4:17pm
No friend to democracy, Vladimir Putin — who is virtually guaranteed to return to Russia’s presidency in 2012, possibly until 2024 — is seen as a guarantor of stability for Russia’s Jewish community.
March 2, 2008 10:00am
With Sunday’s vote, Russians again have entrusted their future to those whose true intentions, motives, political views and plans at best are unknown to them, JTA’s former Moscow bureau chief says.
March 26, 2007 9:00am
Researchers can more easily look into East European Jewish life from the Middle Ages until Soviet times with a newly published guide to Jewish holdings in Kiev archives.
March 18, 2007 9:00am
Elderly members of a remote Moscow congregation are drawn to their weekly gatherings as much to spend time with fellow Jews as to learn Jewishly.
- Some 30 Jewish institutions across US targeted in second wave of bomb threats
- Orthodox rabbi’s anti-Trump prayer causes a stir
- This timeline shows Obama’s biggest Jewish moments
- Barbra Streisand, Drake and other Jewish celebs share their thoughts on Trump’s upcoming inauguration
AnalysisJared Kushner, Ivanka Trump and the halacha police
- Donald Trump, taking office, pledges to put ‘America first’
- Trump asks Obama appointee who helped craft Iran nuclear deal to stay in role
- 7 unexpected Birthright trips, from yoga to Instagrammed food
- American-Israelis to rally in Tel Aviv in solidarity with DC Women’s March
- 10 stunning Israeli artworks that can be worn as shoes
- Reform movement raises concerns about nominee for ambassador to Israel