October 4, 2011 4:17pm
No friend to democracy, Vladimir Putin — who is virtually guaranteed to return to Russia’s presidency in 2012, possibly until 2024 — is seen as a guarantor of stability for Russia’s Jewish community.
March 2, 2008 10:00am
With Sunday’s vote, Russians again have entrusted their future to those whose true intentions, motives, political views and plans at best are unknown to them, JTA’s former Moscow bureau chief says.
March 26, 2007 9:00am
Researchers can more easily look into East European Jewish life from the Middle Ages until Soviet times with a newly published guide to Jewish holdings in Kiev archives.
March 18, 2007 9:00am
Elderly members of a remote Moscow congregation are drawn to their weekly gatherings as much to spend time with fellow Jews as to learn Jewishly.
- Bomb threats hit at least 10 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- Bomb threats hit at least 8 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- U.S. authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- Natalie Portman will not attend Academy Awards due to pregnancy
- 100 headstones overturned at Philadelphia Jewish cemetery
- Jewish prankster fools ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ judges with ‘crappy’ rapping rabbi act
- US authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- ADL offers reward for information about Philadelphia Jewish cemetery vandals
- Swastika made of feces found at Rhode Island school
- Bomb threats hit at least 21 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- Tom Perez wins DNC chair, names Keith Ellison deputy, after race that included focus on Jewish issues