May 5, 2013 11:51pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is correct to describe a new proposal by the Arab League to revive Israeli-Palestinian peace talks as “a very big step forward.” Yet there will be no serious movement toward peace until Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu responds to the Arab League initiative by evoking…
July 7, 2010 9:53pm
Rabbi Marc Schneier, echoing his remarks at the Organizations for Security and Cooperation in Europe’s Conference on Tolerance and Non-Discrimination, says he feels a profound moral obligation to prevent the horrors that have befallen the Jewish people from striking Muslims.
March 5, 2009 1:54am
Rabbi Marc Schneier says Jews must move beyond their myopic focus on Jewish-Christian relations and face the real challenge of the 21st century, Jewish-Muslim dialogue, because the need has never been greater.
January 12, 2009 12:40am
A rabbi involved in black-Jewish relations predicts that President-elect Barack Obama will follow Martin Luther King Jr.’s lead when it comes to Israel.
August 22, 2008 9:00am
Barack Obama is scheduled to be nominated for president on Aug. 28 – the 45th anniversary of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s most famous speech. One rabbi argues that it’s a perfect moment for Jews to take pride in their support for the civil rights mo
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- The Israeli razor ad that will make you cry
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments