is a JTA correspondent in South Africa. A law graduate and psychology major, she is the Cape Town correspondent for the South African Jewish Report. She contributes to London's Jewish Chronicle, is a reporter for the Cape Jewish Chronicle and has been published in the Cape Times and Cape Argus.
February 16, 2016 12:23pm
CAPE TOWN (JTA) — The BDS movement in South Africa welcomed the reported cancellation of an upcoming water conference featuring Israel’s ambassador to the country. But Israel’s embassy in South Africa denied the reported cancellation was BDS-related. Israel’s ambassador to South Africa, Arthur Lenk, was reportedly to participate in the conference about South Africa’s water crisis, scheduled for…
February 15, 2016 8:37am
CAPE TOWN (JTA) — A vehicle threatened to run down six identifiably Jewish men in suburban Johannesburg minutes after its driver shouted an anti-Semitic epithet at them. The men were walking home from the Ohr Somayach Jewish center in Glenhazel when the vehicle, which had four occupants, drove past them. The driver made offensive hand…
December 16, 2015 8:53am
The scholars say that they will not accept invitations to visit Israeli academic institutions, and will not participate in conferences organized or funded by them.
November 29, 2015 4:43pm
The baby’s penis was partially amputated and suffered irreversible damage during the circumcision.
October 13, 2015 8:20am
There reportedly was a “strong consensus” on the matter at the African National Congress’ midterm conference held in Johannesburg.
September 18, 2015 12:00pm
A hotel group had sought to limit a mass demonstration protesting his ties to a company that does business with Israel.
July 15, 2015 9:44am
A deputy minister in the president’s office said the students brought the ruling African National Congress into “disrepute.”
July 15, 2015 7:58am
The country’s Jewish umbrella group said it will proceed with its two cases of hate speech against the one-time student council president at the University of the Witwatersrand.
July 1, 2015 3:48pm
The ex-Witwatersrand University leader made “racist and defamatory comments” on the radio against the South African Jewish community, according to the board’s criminal complaint.
May 5, 2015 12:56pm
The University of the Witwatersrand’s vice chancellor said the student leader’s removal did not involve his Hitler statements.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer