is a JTA correspondent in South Africa. A law graduate and psychology major, she is the Cape Town correspondent for the South African Jewish Report. She contributes to London's Jewish Chronicle, is a reporter for the Cape Jewish Chronicle and has been published in the Cape Times and Cape Argus.
February 16, 2016 12:23pm
CAPE TOWN (JTA) — The BDS movement in South Africa welcomed the reported cancellation of an upcoming water conference featuring Israel’s ambassador to the country. But Israel’s embassy in South Africa denied the reported cancellation was BDS-related. Israel’s ambassador to South Africa, Arthur Lenk, was reportedly to participate in the conference about South Africa’s water crisis, scheduled for…
February 15, 2016 8:37am
CAPE TOWN (JTA) — A vehicle threatened to run down six identifiably Jewish men in suburban Johannesburg minutes after its driver shouted an anti-Semitic epithet at them. The men were walking home from the Ohr Somayach Jewish center in Glenhazel when the vehicle, which had four occupants, drove past them. The driver made offensive hand…
December 16, 2015 8:53am
The scholars say that they will not accept invitations to visit Israeli academic institutions, and will not participate in conferences organized or funded by them.
November 29, 2015 4:43pm
The baby’s penis was partially amputated and suffered irreversible damage during the circumcision.
October 13, 2015 8:20am
There reportedly was a “strong consensus” on the matter at the African National Congress’ midterm conference held in Johannesburg.
September 18, 2015 12:00pm
A hotel group had sought to limit a mass demonstration protesting his ties to a company that does business with Israel.
July 15, 2015 9:44am
A deputy minister in the president’s office said the students brought the ruling African National Congress into “disrepute.”
July 15, 2015 7:58am
The country’s Jewish umbrella group said it will proceed with its two cases of hate speech against the one-time student council president at the University of the Witwatersrand.
July 1, 2015 3:48pm
The ex-Witwatersrand University leader made “racist and defamatory comments” on the radio against the South African Jewish community, according to the board’s criminal complaint.
May 5, 2015 12:56pm
The University of the Witwatersrand’s vice chancellor said the student leader’s removal did not involve his Hitler statements.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- Ohio Israeli eatery to close following February machete attack
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair