is a JTA correspondent in South Africa. A law graduate and psychology major, she is the Cape Town correspondent for the South African Jewish Report. She contributes to London's Jewish Chronicle, is a reporter for the Cape Jewish Chronicle and has been published in the Cape Times and Cape Argus.
April 24, 2015 11:17am
S. African Higher Education Minister Nzimande calls the denial an attack and reiterates support for boycott.
November 2, 2014 2:07pm
The rally outside a Woolworths store was in response to a pig’s head being placed in what was thought to be the store’s kosher refrigerators.
August 15, 2014 6:47am
A South African Jewish group said it would file criminal charges for alleged hate speech against a trade union leader who accused it of complicity in murder in Gaza.
December 5, 2013 4:51pm
For the man who conquered apartheid, Jews were vital allies. Jewish lawyers represented him in multiple trials and Jewish activists and political figures played leading roles in the fight.
November 10, 2013 6:19am
There is no ban on government officials traveling to Israel, South Africa’s Cabinet said, contradicting one of its ministers.
November 4, 2013 6:11am
The South African Zionist Federation condemned an international campaign launched in Cape Town to free Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli jails.
October 15, 2013 8:49am
South African lawmaker Marius Fransman apologized for “the perception that was created” by remarks he made that were characterized as anti-Semitic.
July 1, 2013 11:24am
South Africa’s chief rabbi, Warren Goldstein, conveyed the Jewish community’s prayers and support to the daughter of ailing former President Nelson Mandela.
June 2, 2013 2:45pm
South African Dr. Cyril Karabus receives a rapturous welcome at Cape Town’s airport, capping a saga in which he was jailed in the United Arab Emirates on charges of manslaughter and fraud.
April 29, 2013 8:23pm
Things haven’ changed much since 1580, when British sailor Sir Francis Drake described this city on South Africa’s southwestern coast as “the fairest Cape in the whole circumference of the earth.”
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
WatchLithuanian mayor dismantles building made from Jewish headstones
- The Brexit: Six things you need to know
- Jewish man wearing kippah beaten in Berlin
- Anti-Semitic incidents on US college campuses doubled in 2015, ADL reports
- Sarah Silverman target of anti-Semitic rant by ex-reality TV star Tila Tequila
- Jewish dad takes out full-page newspaper ad seeking wife for middle-aged son
- Donald Trump would let Israel decide on Palestinian state, says adviser
- Jewish man who sought Libertarian presidential nomination found dead
- Bernie Sanders says he will vote for Hillary Clinton
- A reflective Bernie Sanders, acknowledging Clinton as nominee, talks Trump, Larry David and what moved him to tears
- Clinton, Sanders Democratic platform drafters find common ground on Israel, Palestinians
- Ex-envoy Michael Oren to Netanyahu: Don’t agree to US defense assistance offer