April 19, 2012 9:09pm
The permissibility and necessity of state support to make the Jewish school system viable are clear, and in 2012 we fortunately are seeing signs that this prospect may become a reality, writes a Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America official.
May 31, 2011 6:21pm
The Jewish people should not be asked to cede control over Jerusalem, just as the Muslims are not asked to cede sovereignty over Mecca and the Americans are not asked to return Philadelphia to the queen of England, writes the Orthodox Union’s Nathan Diament.
June 28, 2010 12:16am
Lynn Schusterman with her proposal seeking greater inclusion for gays in the Jewish community could include some Jews by virtue of excluding others, an Orthodox Union official writes.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- What Syria’s refugees think about Israel might surprise you
- Bernie Sanders finally opens up about Jewish childhood
- Howard Stern rips Roger Waters over BDS support
- James Franco has bar mitzvah at 37
- Ben Carson blames gun control for the Holocaust
- For Doctors Without Borders strike, US declines to give itself Israel treatment