April 19, 2012 9:09pm
The permissibility and necessity of state support to make the Jewish school system viable are clear, and in 2012 we fortunately are seeing signs that this prospect may become a reality, writes a Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America official.
May 31, 2011 6:21pm
The Jewish people should not be asked to cede control over Jerusalem, just as the Muslims are not asked to cede sovereignty over Mecca and the Americans are not asked to return Philadelphia to the queen of England, writes the Orthodox Union’s Nathan Diament.
June 28, 2010 12:16am
Lynn Schusterman with her proposal seeking greater inclusion for gays in the Jewish community could include some Jews by virtue of excluding others, an Orthodox Union official writes.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- The ‘Kate Middleton effect’ on synagogue fashion
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- From ‘Amy Winehouse sound’ creators, a funky Hanukkah anthem
- Report: Senior Israeli officials fear PA collapse
- Polish Jewish leader heads protest against new parliament