October 25, 2012 4:37pm
The Israel on Campus Coalition launched a center in Washington, D.C., to help faculty develop Israel studies curricula and programs.
October 24, 2012 9:02pm
Empire Kosher Poultry Inc. fired its chief executive officer allegedly after the aborted acquisition of another kosher poultry firm.
October 24, 2012 1:52pm
The Zionist Organization of America, which lost its tax-exempt status earlier this year, has canceled its high-profile annual fundraising dinner.
October 23, 2012 4:30pm
Ninety-seven percent of U.S. and Canadian college campuses report no anti-Israel or anti-Semitic events, and the campus-based anti-Israel divestment effort has failed, according to a new study.
October 22, 2012 5:20pm
More than 2,500 people signed up to participate in a global Shema flash mob as part of a campaign to promote religious pluralism in Israel.
October 21, 2012 2:46pm
With the environment in President Vladimir Putin’s Russia growing increasingly hostile toward foreign nongovernmental organizations, could the operations of international Jewish groups be in jeopardy?
October 18, 2012 4:04pm
Reform Jewish leaders are calling for an investigation following reports that an Israeli colleague was roughed up by police after leading a women’s prayer group at the Western Wall.
October 17, 2012 2:53pm
Jewish groups pulled out of an upcoming meeting with Protestant colleagues over a letter from Christian leaders to congressmen calling for a possible suspension of U.S. aid to Israel.
October 15, 2012 3:18pm
A letter by Protestant leaders to Congress calling for an investigation into U.S. aid to Israel is straining Jewish-Protestant ties on the eve of a national interfaith meeting meant to bolster relations between Jews and Christians.
October 11, 2012 10:20pm
Rabbi Menachem Youlus, once dubbed the “Jewish Indiana Jones” for his remarkable tales of rescuing Holocaust-era Torah scrolls, was sentenced to more than four years in prison for fraud.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- U of Maryland football offers a handy workaround for Shabbat-observant fans
- French right-wing candidate: Clinton’s ‘submission to Zionists’ a danger for Europe
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Jewish leaders lambaste Italian government for abstaining on UNESCO vote
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Report: Jerusalem pro-Trump rally downsized
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary