July 20, 2012 12:56pm
Philadelphia-area Jewish groups are joining a coalition to educate voters about a new state voter ID law that the groups say could prevent some elderly from casting a ballot in November.
July 20, 2012 12:34pm
An Islamic school in the St. Louis area, the Al Manara Academy, is planning to move onto the campus of a local synagogue, B’nai El Congregation in Frontenac, Mo.
July 20, 2012 10:54am
The suicide bomber who perpetrated the attack on Israeli tourists in Burgas, Bulgaria, was a member of Hezbollah, U.S. officials said.
July 19, 2012 2:23pm
Israel cannot intervene in the Syrian uprising, but would likely accept refugees from that country, ex-Mossad chief Danny Yatom said.
July 17, 2012 12:52pm
Despite its pro-Israel voice, many Jews remain wary of Christians United for Israel and its evangelical adherents.
July 16, 2012 3:29pm
Evangelical Christians are “on the front line of defense for Israel in the United States of America,” the Rev. John Hagee declared at the Christians United for Israel Washington Summit to loud cheering.
July 13, 2012 6:22pm
Maine’s governor issued an apology for comments in which he compared the Internal Revenue Service to the Gestapo.
July 13, 2012 2:04pm
Two Jewish UC-Berkeley graduate students have filed a civil rights complaint against the university despite dropping a lawsuit against the university itself.
July 13, 2012 1:47pm
Florida statehouse candidate Sheldon Lisbon, a son of Holocaust survivors, apologized to the ADL after labeling comments by the group as “despicable.”
July 13, 2012 1:30pm
U.S. officials are warily watching as Syria begins moving undeclared chemical weapons out of its storage facilities.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Theo Epstein vs. Mike Chernoff: The Jewish minds behind the Cubs and the Indians
- Trump supporter and radio host: Rahm Emanuel part of ‘Jewish mafia’ that controls US
- Cubs vs. Indians: Which team is more Jewish?
- Trump Israel adviser denies anti-Semitic sentiment among supporters
- Counting kippahs and in-laws: Joe Biden says he’s ‘more Jewish’ than Clinton
- A Brooklyn judge becomes America’s first Hasidic woman to serve in public office
- Spain’s Jewish ‘ghost towns’ seek a boost from living Jews
- Clinton campaign tally shows 5 top donors are Jewish
- Second UNESCO committee passes resolution ignoring Jewish ties to Temple Mount
- Israel Police recommend lifting ban on lawmakers’ visits to Temple Mount
- Israeli journalist Ari Shavit apologizes for ‘misunderstanding’ in response to reporter’s sexual assault account
- Ivanka Trump says her father will move US embassy to Jerusalem ‘100 percent’ if elected
- Among Cleveland’s Orthodox voters, reluctance reigns
- One Jew, One Vote: Hildee Weiss, 48
- Curt Schilling calls Jews who slammed his Jake Tapper questioning ‘clowns’
- Bernie Sanders talks with a young progressive. Is the Jewish establishment listening?
- One Jew, One Vote: Rivka Joseph, 28