July 11, 2012 6:19pm
The U.S.-based Episcopal Church adopted a resolution at its General Convention Assembly calling for a “negotiated two-state solution” and “positive investment” as responses to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
July 9, 2012 6:40pm
Mainstream Jewish groups are joining the Reform and Conservative movements in calling on Israel’s Chief Rabbinate to respect religious pluralism.
July 4, 2012 4:04pm
Left-leaning pro-Israel groups have called on the country’s largest Presbyterian Church to abandon plans to divest from three companies that it says have resisted the request to stop providing services that aid Israel’s occupation of the West Bank.
July 3, 2012 2:50pm
The U.S. Department of Agriculture rescinded guidance it issued in May that called for an end to gender separation during the administration of federal child nutrition programs.
July 1, 2012 7:07pm
Peter Madoff pleaded guilty to criminal charges related to the Ponzi scheme operated by his older brother Bernard Madoff.
June 29, 2012 8:08pm
Leaders of the Presbyterian Church (USA) will vote next week on whether to divest from three companies doing business with Israel.
June 29, 2012 7:26pm
The Jewish Federation of Chicago is directing funds to the Colorado Jewish federation’s fire relief fund.
June 29, 2012 11:39am
A beauty pageant for Holocaust survivors featuring female survivors walking down a red carpet was held in Haifa.
June 29, 2012 11:21am
Forcing Arabs to do mandatory national service, which is being debated in the Knesset, is “a declaration of war,” an Arab Knesset member said.
June 29, 2012 11:04am
Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli Deputy Prime Minister Shaul Mofaz will meet in Ramallah.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Jerusalem and Tel Aviv among world’s top 40 cities, travel magazine readers say
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- Curt Schilling asks CNN’s Jake Tapper why Jews back Democrats
- Jewish plus-size model shocks German viewers with anorexia photos
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Republicans deny downsizing Trump event in Jerusalem
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary