September 10, 2013 1:00pm
A Brooklyn nurse has waged a decades long campaign against a pre-Yom Kippur ritual in which live chickens are swung overhead and then slaughtered in the street. Her efforts may finally be gaining traction.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- 8 of the coolest menorahs for this Hanukkah season
- NYC to fund security guards for Jewish schools
- Thousands attend wedding of woman whose father, brother killed in terror attack
- Half of Birthright applicants flunked this Israel test – can you do better?
- Jewish disability advocate chides Trump for mocking reporter