December 20, 2006 10:00am
Many of this year’s 10 Women to Watch, awards given annually by Jewish Women International, say they draw strength from their Jewish roots and beliefs.
October 9, 2006 9:00am
Donald Saltz calls himself a “low-key, out of the limelight” kind of guy. But the media spotlight seems likely to find Saltz, who just pledged $5 million to Washington’s Adas Israel Congregation.
August 3, 2006 9:00am
Washington-area Jews and Muslims gathered this week for hot curry and cool-tempered debate.
May 23, 2006 9:00am
Amid worries about fraying religious ties among Jewish college students and campus rifts over Israel, a conference held in Washington probed the interplay between American academia and Jews.
June 17, 2004 9:00am
A new report from Jewish Women International paints a picture of domestic abuse in the Jewish community, which ranges from outright physical violence to more subtle controlling behavior.
September 11, 2003 9:00am
After the rise of Nazi Germany, as Jews faced deportation to concentration camps or fled to safety, many families lost not only lives, but property, including cherished artworks. A new Web site designed to help researchers tracking plundered art has opene
July 21, 2003 9:00am
Jewish groups reacted with dismay to the news that US Airways will no longer offer kosher meals on many domestic flights for coach passengers.
July 17, 2003 9:00am
Norman Rosenberg has announced that he will be stepping down as the New Israel Fund executive director at the end of this year to direct the I Am Your Child Foundation, founded by film director Rob Reiner to advance education on early child development.
January 9, 2001 10:00am
WASHINGTON, Jan. 9 If there’s a politician who lives up to the title “compassionate conservative,” it may be Tommy Thompson. He has spent the past 13 years as governor of Wisconsin crafting creative and controversial bipartisan solutions to deep-rooted social problems. If the United States Senate gives him the nod, this Bush Cabinet nominee…
- Bomb threats hit at least 10 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- Bomb threats hit at least 8 JCCs, Jewish day schools across country
- U.S. authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- Natalie Portman will not attend Academy Awards due to pregnancy
- Dozens of headstones overturned at Philadelphia Jewish cemetery
- Jewish prankster fools ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ judges with ‘crappy’ rapping rabbi act
- US authorities almost deport French Jewish Holocaust era scholar
- ADL offers reward for information about Philadelphia Jewish cemetery vandals
- Swastika made of feces found at Rhode Island school
- Did Donald Trump and the Jews have a good week?
- Jewish women’s organization cancels Brazil exhibit after Israeli paintings stolen