January 11, 2016 5:05pm
“The Book of Aron: A Novel,” by Jim Shepard, won the 2016 Sophie Brody Medal for achievement in Jewish literature.
January 5, 2016 4:04pm
Berger, a Holocaust survivor from Hungary, challenged the continuing use of medical research on hypothermia conducted on hundreds of inmates at Dachau.
December 29, 2015 12:09pm
Leibowitz, 63, was remembered for bringing a tireless and innovative advocacy to Jewish and universal causes.
December 20, 2015 1:02pm
Against a backdrop of vocal anti-Muslim sentiment, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court’s chief justice, Ralph Gants, addressed worshippers at the Islamic Society of Boston.
December 6, 2015 7:58am
The archive of the Jewish Book Annual is a partnership between the Jewish Book Council and the Center for Jewish History, which provided the technological resources to digitize the 56 issues of the journal.
December 2, 2015 6:39am
Administrators at the Jewish-sponsored, nonsectarian school presented a plan addressing the protesters’ 13 demands.
November 30, 2015 3:18pm
Silverstein also left his mark in the field of Jewish music, with two notable recordings for the Milken Jewish Music Archive.
November 25, 2015 8:08am
The decision followed a contentious meeting at which advocates on both sides of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict pressed their views.
November 24, 2015 3:59pm
A pro-Palestinian coalition says the 10-day trip organized by the Boston-area JCRC is a tacit endorsement of Israel’s settlement-building policies and human rights violations.
November 23, 2015 10:49am
The American yeshiva student killed last week in a terror attack in Israel was a diehard fan of the NFL team.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- Ohio Israeli eatery to close following February machete attack
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair