September 10, 2009 7:00pm
Tamir Goodman, the former high school phenom once known as the “Jewish Jordan,” will announce his retirement from pro basketball.
January 16, 2007 10:00am
Jewish official Morton “Sonny” Plant was remembered by friends, associates and family members as a tough-but-loving and understanding father figure.
September 8, 2005 9:00am
Like many Jews who fled New Orleans, Paige and Rob Nathan miss the life they left behind, and wonder if they can ever return.
July 23, 2002 9:00am
Tamir Goodman, whose combination of basketball skills and outspoken Jewish observance have made him a high-profile athlete since high school, has signed a contract with Maccabi Tel Aviv to play in Israel.
June 24, 2002 9:00am
In a year, Darrell Friedman will step down from the presidency of the Associated: Jewish Community Federation of Baltimore, a post he has held since 1986. The search committee hopes to name a successor by Labor Day.
- This Yiddish film is a rare look into Hasidic Brooklyn life
- Soon there will only be one Judaica store left in Manhattan
- Prominent Connecticut rabbi charged with sexual assault of a former student
- Muslim worshippers stay away from Temple Mount despite removal of metal detectors, security cameras
- The summer that Judd Apatow, Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill took over mainstream comedy
- Larry David and Bernie Sanders are cousins, naturally