November 3, 2009 11:05pm
The Jewish National Fund has been associated historically with planting trees in Israel. Now the century-old charity is working to make sure that Israelis will have decent places to put good wood on the ball.
November 3, 2009 5:42pm
Two men were arrested for allegedly stealing a Torah scroll from a Texas synagogue.
October 27, 2009 6:43pm
Elie Wiesel addressed a gathering of evangelical Christians at a salute to Israel hosted by the John Hagee Ministries.
October 27, 2009 6:36pm
President Obama commemorated the 15th anniversary of a peace agreement between Jordan and Israel.
October 27, 2009 4:31pm
Actor Leonard Nimoy narrates a new documentary about a historic synagogue designed by Frank Lloyd Wright.
October 27, 2009 2:45am
In keeping with their message of youth engagement, the J Street conference featured a panel of speakers from several campuses across the country. Giving their two cents about campus dialogues about Israel were representatives from Hampshire College (of false-Israel-divestment-accusation fame), University of Maryland, University of Colorado at Boulder and Harvard University. Panelists agreed that tensions…
October 26, 2009 10:35pm
The buzz surrounding the J Street conference at the Grant Hyatt Hotel in DC has apparently gotten around. The latest numbers indicate that 1500 people are in attendance — blame late walk-in registrants for the lower number reported earlier — and roughly 150 members of the press are currently milling about (including yours truly). In…
October 23, 2009 1:19am
Israeli scientists will be allowed to participate in an Egyptian conference hosted by Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
October 21, 2009 4:34pm
The U.S. Senate approved an increase in funding for the protection of religious organizations.
October 21, 2009 4:25pm
The parents of an American teenager killed in a terrorist attack in Israel cannot collect damages from an alleged funder of Hamas.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Leaked emails show Hillary Clinton eager to patch things up with Netanyahu
- Over 250 female rabbis sign letter slamming Donald Trump ‘hate speech’
- ‘Friends’ co-creator takes on US remake of Israeli TV show about Orthodox family
- With UNESCO vote, Palestinians’ bid for attention backfires
- The final debate: RBG, Soros and Iran lost amid concession outrage
- U of Maryland football offers a handy workaround for Shabbat-observant fans
- French right-wing candidate: Clinton’s ‘submission to Zionists’ a danger for Europe
- Frustrated with Trump, Sheldon Adelson said to focus on Senate
- How all the Jewish MLB players did in 2016
- Bar Refaeli’s post-birth figure wows world media
- Jewish leaders lambaste Italian government for abstaining on UNESCO vote
- Scarlett Johansson opens Paris popcorn shop
- Report: Jerusalem pro-Trump rally downsized
- In Miami Beach, Donald Trump’s Orthodox support is increasingly on the down-low
- One Jew, One Vote: Ayalon Eliach, 33
- Joe Lieberman, stumping for a Clinton in Florida, feels like he’s ‘home again’
- In Amsterdam, these Jewish-American comics fight dirty for Hilllary