September 21, 2009 6:30pm
Actor Sacha Baron Cohen will guest star as an Israeli tour guide on an episode of “The Simpsons.”
September 18, 2009 12:47am
More than 100 Jewish educators, rabbis and lay leaders from across the North America gathered as part of a new initiative backed by the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation and the Jim Joseph Foundation.
September 17, 2009 11:38pm
The United States is abandoning its plan to install a missile-defense shield for Eastern Europe.
September 16, 2009 11:59pm
Six people were detained in Istanbul in connection with several suicide bombings, including of two synagogues.
September 16, 2009 9:12pm
Jewish Agency for Israel lay leaders and community representatives will meet with the Red Cross to discuss Gilad Shalit.
September 16, 2009 9:03pm
Black hats and yarmulkes abounded yesterday at the Russell Senate Building during a luncheon held as part of the OU’s annual leadership mission to Washington. In between bites of turkey and corned beef, OU leaders listened to several Senators who filtered in and out of the event. Lawmakers included Senators Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.), Sam Brownback…
September 16, 2009 12:15am
The Las Vegas Jewish Reporter will print its final edition this Rosh Hashana.
September 15, 2009 11:25pm
Last night, Jeff Berkowitz of the RNC and David Harris of the NJDC faced off in a debate on Obama, Israel, and of course, the topic du jour, healthcare. The atmosphere started off fairly warm and stayed haimish for the majority of the evening. Thankfully, the belligerent tone so well documented at tea parties and…
September 15, 2009 12:26am
Americans for Peace Now commended the Obama administration today for their positive response to recent Iranian proposals to open a dialogue with the international community. "We applaud President Obama for embracing this opportunity, rather than rejecting it out-of-hand, as some would have him do," said APN President and CEO Debra DeLee. "Skepticism about Iran’s seriousness…
September 14, 2009 10:19pm
Jane Fonda should not be vilified for her stance on a Toronto film festival’s spotlight on Tel Aviv, an Atlanta Jewish leader says.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Russia to return Israeli tank captured by Syria in 1982
- Historic Jewish wedding in Turkey triggers hate speech online
- Argentine ex-minister’s Iran tape admitted as evidence of alleged treason
- CRIF’s new president: French Jews’ situation worst since 1945
- NJ man who fire-bombed rabbi’s home convicted of terrorism
- Vandalism at 3 New England synagogues aims to intimidate community, ADL regional leader says
- Bernie Sanders: Israel has a right to US protection
- Donald Trump: Debating trailing Bernie Sanders would be ‘inappropriate’
- NY Times editor calls out Donald Trump for ignoring supporters’ anti-Semitic tweets
- Donald Trump says he would debate Bernie Sanders for charity
- Bernie Sanders expects ‘consensus’ on Palestinian rights at Democratic convention
- Democrats said to be debating ouster of Wasserman Schultz as party chair