December 30, 2016 1:15pm
(JTA) — What did Secretary of State John Kerry say this week that caused former Israeli Ambassador to the United States Michael Oren to say that U.S. policy toward Israeli has become “sad, tragic and dangerous?” That led Sen. Ted Cruz to say that Kerry and President Barack Obama are “relentless enemies of Israel”? That inspired…
September 25, 2015 10:48am
Though he hasn’t changed a single church doctrine, with his shift in tone and evident big-heartedness the pope has won the admiration of the faithful and faithless alike, Rabbi Rick Jacobs writes.
February 3, 2014 4:22pm
Endogamy or outreach? It’s a choice the Jewish community doesn’t have to make, writes the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
June 24, 2013 3:44pm
As a country that aspires to be guided by Jewish values, the State of Israel must fight for the equal rights of women, writes the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
June 12, 2012 12:19pm
Reform Judaism isn’t what it used to be, and that’s the way it should be, writes the Union for Reform Judaism’s new leader.
March 28, 2012 7:44pm
Wherever young Jews are, whether they are called “unaffiliated” or “uninspired,” synagogues must find them and inspire them, writes the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
- Anti-Semitic city council candidate says more anti-Semitic things
- US senators to UN: Treatment of Israel ‘must change’
- Lawmakers introduce bipartisan resolution to honor Israeli-American community
- What if the Nazis won? This is what American pop music would sound like.
- Chicago Jewish couple married 69 years die moments apart holding hands