September 25, 2015 10:48am
Though he hasn’t changed a single church doctrine, with his shift in tone and evident big-heartedness the pope has won the admiration of the faithful and faithless alike, Rabbi Rick Jacobs writes.
February 3, 2014 4:22pm
Endogamy or outreach? It’s a choice the Jewish community doesn’t have to make, writes the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
June 24, 2013 3:44pm
As a country that aspires to be guided by Jewish values, the State of Israel must fight for the equal rights of women, writes the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
June 12, 2012 12:19pm
Reform Judaism isn’t what it used to be, and that’s the way it should be, writes the Union for Reform Judaism’s new leader.
March 28, 2012 7:44pm
Wherever young Jews are, whether they are called “unaffiliated” or “uninspired,” synagogues must find them and inspire them, writes the president of the Union for Reform Judaism.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Bernie Sanders wins New Hampshire primary, makes Jewish history
- Ted Cruz campaign defends pastor who said God will send hunters for Jews
- Jewish day schools in 2 US cities receive threatening phone calls
- Op-Ed: I’m not your mitzvah project
- Why Bernie Sanders isn’t beating Joe Lieberman on Jewish pride
- Mayim Bialik puts Jewish modesty aside, flashes Piers Morgan