September 3, 2012 9:25pm
The Student Representative Council of the University of Witwatersrand in South Africa adopted a resolution calling for an academic and cultural boycott of Israel.
August 23, 2012 11:00am
The African Christian Democratic Party said it would fight the South African government’s decision to adopt a regulation that prevents the labeling of goods from the West Bank as being produced in Israel.
Jewish filmmaker, a history maker with Senegalese parliament run, puts lens on Jewish African tribesAugust 13, 2012 2:24pm
Jewish filmmaker Laurence Gavron, who made history in her adopted homeland by becoming the first naturalized Sengalese to run for parliament, focuses her lens on Africans who say they descended from the Bible’s 10 Lost Tribes.
August 8, 2012 10:19am
A meeting of representatives of the Non-Aligned Movement of countries was canceled after Israel did not allow the states with which it has no diplomatic relations to enter.
July 19, 2012 3:06pm
A South African government minister expressed strong support for a proposal to ban products from the West Bank from being labeled as originating from Israel.
July 2, 2012 12:41pm
Nearly 2,000 people rallied in support of Israel in two South African cities.
June 26, 2012 12:14pm
South Africa’s African Christian Democratic Party is planning a march in protest of the proposal to ban products from the West Bank to be labeled as originating from Israel.
June 25, 2012 10:59am
Archbishop Desmond Tutu responded to the outrage of a Jewish journalist in Cape Town over Israel’s policy toward African immigrants.
June 13, 2012 6:47pm
South Africa’s Zionist federation accused the country’s deputy minister of foreign affairs, Marius Fransman, of scapegoating Israel in a pro-Palestinian speech.
June 7, 2012 10:32am
The screening of a film comparing Israel to South Africa’s apartheid regime was canceled in Cape Town.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- Neo-Nazi group marches through Swedish city in run-up to planned Yom Kippur demonstration
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition