May 2, 2013 11:40pm
LOS ANGELES (JTA) — It’s that time of year, when Jewish institutions pull out their 2013-14 calendars and fill them with events. Many of the programs are very good, with clever names and slick marketing: Jews and Brews, for young Federation leadership; L’mazeltov, for expectant parents; Torah and Tacos, for synagogue members who favor a…
June 30, 2009 6:59pm
Bernard Madoff has been sentenced to 150 years in prison, but now he must face a heavenly trial, writes Ron Wolfson.
November 8, 2007 10:00am
A celebration of Jewish spirit and synagogue life in Atlanta is worthy of consideration and emulation, writes the president of Synagogue 3000.
- Israel Police arrest 22 haredi Orthodox men accused of sex crimes
- Millions of Israeli children said at risk of stunted development, possibly from desalinated water
- ‘Switched at Birth’ gets an interfaith marriage dilemma just right
- Ukrainian war hero and lawmaker slurs Jews
- IfNotNow protesters dance, chant outside AIPAC conference
- 3 times AIPAC speakers weren’t so bipartisan this year