January 15, 2016 11:05am
The pontiff’s upcoming visit to Rome’s Great Synagogue on Sunday shows that what was once unthinkable is now the norm.
January 3, 2016 9:21am
The two entities signed the pact this summer; the Vatican recognized a state of Palestine nearly three years ago.
December 23, 2015 3:54pm
Six years ago, a virtually identical list as the one on the Italian section of Radio Islam was posted on the white supremacist website Stormfront.
December 20, 2015 12:31pm
Preger taught piano at music academies, performed widely and founded the Belgrade Trio, which performed concerts all over Europe as well as in the United States and the Soviet Union.
December 10, 2015 11:07am
A new Vatican document said the Church must work with Jews and Jewish institutions to further dialogue and mutually understand and fight anti-Semitism.
December 3, 2015 4:52pm
A spokesman for the vendors said they used the Holocaust imagery “because the latest measures taken by the city seem to be aimed at Jews.”
October 23, 2015 4:52pm
Italian police arrested senior officials and medical personnel at Rome’s Israelite Hospital for allegedly defrauding the country’s national health service.
October 4, 2015 2:23pm
Some of the windows were shattered and pictures showed glass littering the interior of the sanctuary in Tuscany.
September 8, 2015 6:07pm
By using mist showers for the benefit of overheated tourists, the former concentration camp reignited debate about its duties to the past and those it now educates.
September 3, 2015 9:58am
Irving, who has been barred from several countries and was jailed in 2006 in Austria, launched what he calls “Real History” tours in 2010.
- Orthodox rabbi’s anti-Trump prayer causes a stir
AnalysisJared Kushner, Ivanka Trump and the halacha police
- Barbra Streisand, Drake and other Jewish celebs share their thoughts on Trump’s upcoming inauguration
- Donald Trump, taking office, pledges to put ‘America first’
- French far-right leader Marine Le Pen ahead in presidential poll
- All the Jewish stuff happening around the Women’s March
- Trump asks Obama appointee who helped craft Iran nuclear deal to stay in role
- 10 stunning Israeli artworks that can be worn as shoes
- Reform movement raises concerns about nominee for ambassador to Israel
- Jewish groups toe ideological lines in reactions to Trump inaugural address
- Tests in 1973 convinced CIA of Uri Geller’s paranormal powers