May 11, 2015 11:06am
The South Carolina city is a foodie heaven if you embrace all things shellfish. Now the College of Charleston is spending $1 million to bring some kosher and vegetarian food into the mix.
December 24, 2014 12:28pm
Italian Jewish leaders praised authorities for breaking up a right-wing extremist network that appeared to have been planning terror attacks around the country.
December 21, 2014 8:12am
The gathering, organized by the Italian far-right party Forza Nuova, was intended as the first meeting of a new pan-European party called Alliance for Peace and Freedom.
December 15, 2014 3:17pm
The Palestinians, working through Jordan, said they would present a U.N. Security Council resolution as early as this week giving Israel until November 2016 to leave the West Bank.
November 30, 2014 8:04am
The Milan Jewish community was among the organizations that had called on authorities to bar the concert, which Milan’s mayor criticized as “unacceptable.”
November 27, 2014 5:03pm
The gathering outside Milan is expected to draw neo-Nazi bands and hundreds of skinheads and other right-wing extremists from various countries.
November 23, 2014 1:22pm
Several Italian Jewish leaders said economic distress figured strongly for the move, with Jews feeling that “they can lead a better life in Israel.”
November 19, 2014 4:13pm
Pope Francis said he prayed for the victims of a terror attack on a Jerusalem synagogue and appealed for peace between Israelis and Palestinians.
November 19, 2014 3:19pm
A country with only about 20,000 Jews now boasts dozens of Jewish museums, culture festivals, academic departments and hundreds of grassroots initiatives focused on preserving Jewish heritage.
November 17, 2014 6:13am
Jadwiga Pilsudska Jaraczewska recently met with Poland’s chief rabbi, Michael Schudrich, along with her children and grandchildren.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Theo Epstein vs. Mike Chernoff: The Jewish minds behind the Cubs and the Indians
- Trump supporter and radio host: Rahm Emanuel part of ‘Jewish mafia’ that controls US
- Cubs vs. Indians: Which team is more Jewish?
- Trump Israel adviser denies anti-Semitic sentiment among supporters
- Counting kippahs and in-laws: Joe Biden says he’s ‘more Jewish’ than Clinton
- Bill Clinton: Jewish Americans, more than any group, can’t sit out election
- Clinton campaign tally shows 5 top donors are Jewish
- Second UNESCO committee passes resolution ignoring Jewish ties to Temple Mount
- Israel Police recommend lifting ban on lawmakers’ visits to Temple Mount
- Israeli journalist Ari Shavit apologizes for ‘misunderstanding’ in response to reporter’s sexual assault account
- NY village, town to pay $2.9M for alleged discrimination against Hasidim
- Ivanka Trump says her father will move US embassy to Jerusalem ‘100%’ if elected
- Among Cleveland’s Orthodox voters, reluctance reigns
- One Jew, One Vote: Hildee Weiss, 48
- Curt Schilling calls Jews who slammed his Jake Tapper questioning ‘clowns’
- Bernie Sanders talks with a young progressive. Is the Jewish establishment listening?
- One Jew, One Vote: Rivka Joseph, 28