September 8, 2015 6:07pm
By using mist showers for the benefit of overheated tourists, the former concentration camp reignited debate about its duties to the past and those it now educates.
September 3, 2015 9:58am
Irving, who has been barred from several countries and was jailed in 2006 in Austria, launched what he calls “Real History” tours in 2010.
September 3, 2015 8:29am
Czech police used felt-tipped pens to mark the hands and arms of refugees, mainly from Syria, taken off a train near the border crossing with Austria.
August 26, 2015 11:37am
“Played in the last remaining Synagogue outside of Auschwitz in the city Oświęcim. Peace and blessings,” Matisyahu wrote on his Facebook page.
May 11, 2015 11:06am
The South Carolina city is a foodie heaven if you embrace all things shellfish. Now the College of Charleston is spending $1 million to bring some kosher and vegetarian food into the mix.
December 24, 2014 12:28pm
Italian Jewish leaders praised authorities for breaking up a right-wing extremist network that appeared to have been planning terror attacks around the country.
December 21, 2014 8:12am
The gathering, organized by the Italian far-right party Forza Nuova, was intended as the first meeting of a new pan-European party called Alliance for Peace and Freedom.
December 15, 2014 3:17pm
The Palestinians, working through Jordan, said they would present a U.N. Security Council resolution as early as this week giving Israel until November 2016 to leave the West Bank.
November 30, 2014 8:04am
The Milan Jewish community was among the organizations that had called on authorities to bar the concert, which Milan’s mayor criticized as “unacceptable.”
November 27, 2014 5:03pm
The gathering outside Milan is expected to draw neo-Nazi bands and hundreds of skinheads and other right-wing extremists from various countries.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- 2017 Emmy Awards: On a historic night for diversity, ‘SNL’ quietly wins big
- In Belarus, some Jews don’t mind a dictator
WatchWatch Trump’s High Holidays greeting
OpinionYom Kippur is a reminder of the awesome, and awful, power of words
- Outreach services for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur expected to reach 70,000 Israelis