September 2, 2013 3:10pm
In the season of new beginnings, we should revisit the stories of biblical women to reawaken our empathy and ignite our sense of accountability for women and girls around the world today, writes the president of the American Jewish World Service.
August 26, 2012 7:59pm
The links between hunger and the Yom Kippur liturgy require that we challenge the injustice of hunger and champion the right for everyone to access healthy food, writes the president of American Jewish World Service.
August 31, 2010 12:18am
The liturgical refrain asking “Who shall live and who shall die?” reminds us of what we need to do to help Haiti’s 1 million displaced persons and make the country viable.
- Famed Israeli singer dies after rescuing his niece from drowning
- Jared Kushner answers some Russia questions, but misses these big ones
- Terror attack that killed 3 incited by ‘wild hatred,’ Netanyahu says
- Pope Beatifies Controversial Wartime Croatian Archbishop
- BDS activists prevented from boarding flight to Israel
- Israeli Embassy guard in Jordan kills assailant, bystander after being stabbed with screwdriver
- ‘Wonder Woman II’ in the works, Warner Bros. announces
- Pope Francis appeals for ‘moderation and dialogue’ over Temple Mount violence
- Clashes between Muslim worshippers, Israel security officials continue over Temple Mount metal detectors
- Second anti-Israel protest staged outside Istanbul synagogue
- Netanyahu does ‘not have a plan for peace,’ Gillibrand says