September 2, 2013 3:10pm
In the season of new beginnings, we should revisit the stories of biblical women to reawaken our empathy and ignite our sense of accountability for women and girls around the world today, writes the president of the American Jewish World Service.
August 26, 2012 7:59pm
The links between hunger and the Yom Kippur liturgy require that we challenge the injustice of hunger and champion the right for everyone to access healthy food, writes the president of American Jewish World Service.
August 31, 2010 12:18am
The liturgical refrain asking “Who shall live and who shall die?” reminds us of what we need to do to help Haiti’s 1 million displaced persons and make the country viable.
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Op-Ed: Faigy Mayer’s suicide is a Jewish tragedy, not just an Orthodox one
- Why is a thriving Boston-area synagogue spending $15 million – to downsize?
- ‘Miracle’ babies born in Israel to identical twin parents
- Former Hasid shared anti-Hasidic Judaism essay a week before killing herself
- 6 marchers stabbed at Jerusalem gay pride parade
- Jon Stewart looks back at his Jewish moments