August 16, 2010 11:21pm
The past decade has witnessed the emergence of a new generation of programs in which the primary focus is on those who participate, not on those who lead. And the Jewish community could use more, writes the president of the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation.
March 12, 2010 1:00am
A multi-generational leadership effort is bringing Lithuania back to life in ways virtually no one believed possible just a few years ago, but it needs assistance, writes the president of the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation.
January 14, 2010 7:27pm
A foundation president and the founders of a Jewish start-up write that the time has come to end the unhealthy and unproductive tendency of assuming that start-ups should focus on innovation, private foundations on the research and development of new programs, and federations on sustaining whatever good projects the other two create.
Stay informed: JTA in your inbox
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- How Paris public schools became no-go zones for Jews
WatchOlympic figure skater Sasha Cohen dances hora at wedding — to Bruno Mars
- Steven Hill, Orthodox Jewish actor who played ‘Law & Order’ DA, dies at 94
- In Israeli first, Orthodox Jerusalem synagogue hires female spiritual leader
- NFL player Terrell Suggs lost weight — by cutting down on gefilte fish
- The 9 best Jews to play Trump in Clinton’s debate prep
- Trump campaign opens 3rd Israeli office, near Tel Aviv
- Outside Haim Saban fundraiser for Hillary Clinton, Black Lives Matter protests for Palestinians
- Is Donald Trump’s proposal to keep out anti-Semites practical — or ethical?
- Citing their ‘core beliefs,’ 40 Orthodox clergy condemn Trump’s ‘hateful rhetoric’
- Obama administration acknowledges link between $400 million and prisoner release
- Trump adviser alleged to have boasted of removing Jews from government jobs