August 16, 2010 11:29pm
An Israeli soldier was lightly wounded and a Palestinian killed in a clash along the Gaza border.
August 16, 2010 8:20pm
The United States imposed sanctions on three shipping companies in Malta that it said are fronts for Iran’s national maritime carrier.
August 16, 2010 7:26pm
Iran will begin building its third plant for enriching uranium in 2011, the head of its atomic energy organization said.
August 15, 2010 2:10pm
The Illinois Democratic Party’s candidate for the U.S. Senate withdrew from a forum on Israel.
August 13, 2010 7:00pm
The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society urged Congress not to cut off funding for Supplemental Security Income, which helps elderly and disabled refugees and other immigrants pay for food and shelter.
August 11, 2010 7:48pm
The U.S. State Department is sending the imam at the center of the plans for a mosque near Ground Zero on an outreach trip to the Middle East.
August 11, 2010 6:59pm
Congress members from Illinois attended a ceremony at the state’s Holocaust museum marking a State Department grant to the Auschwitz-Birkenau Foundation.
August 11, 2010 4:49pm
President Obama signed an extension of vital Medicaid funding, which was a top priority of the Jewish community.
August 10, 2010 11:49pm
U.S. Congress members signed a letter to the British prime minister asking him to clarify his statement comparing Gaza to a prison camp.
August 10, 2010 4:29pm
Two members of the U.S. Congress independently placed holds on military aid to Lebanon.
OpinionWe have seen the future, and it looks Orthodox
- That time Rachel McAdams tried to go undercover as an Orthodox Jew
- How Houston’s synagogues are handling the High Holidays after Harvey
- US campuses are becoming more Israel friendly
- Worried about Jewish pluralism in Israel? So are Israelis.
- Why Obama’s former speechwriter calls him the most Jewish president ever
- Neo-Nazi group marches through Swedish city in run-up to planned Yom Kippur demonstration
- Rabbi to lead NYC’s annual Muslim Day Parade
- Hummus unites Jews and Muslims in Argentina
- Netanyahu praises Trump’s defense of Israel as UN General Assembly convenes
- Netanyahu says non-Orthodox Jews used Western Wall deal to gain recognition