September 7, 2009 7:19pm
We listen to the voice of the shofar blast 100 times on each day of Rosh Hashanah to break through, even shatter, our spiritual obduracy. It is our annual call to responsibility.
- This Yiddish film is a rare look into Hasidic Brooklyn life
- Soon there will only be one Judaica store left in Manhattan
- Prominent Connecticut rabbi charged with sexual assault of a former student
- Muslim worshippers stay away from Temple Mount despite removal of metal detectors, security cameras
- The summer that Judd Apatow, Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill took over mainstream comedy
- Larry David and Bernie Sanders are cousins, naturally