February 27, 2014 5:07pm
Traditional Judaism’s approach to disability is a mixed bag, but one blessing shows a path to compassion, writes Rabbi Sid Schwarz.
May 17, 2010 1:06am
The Jewish people must be allowed to engage in the kind of struggle on the State of Israel as Jacob did in wrestling with a heavenly being, writes author and activist Rabbi Sid Schwarz.
December 30, 2009 7:37pm
A veteran social entrepreneur offers some advice to the next generation and the funders that love them (at least for now).
September 16, 2009 10:36pm
Advancing a social responsibility agenda in the Jewish community is the best continuity strategy, the founder of the Panim Institute of BBYO writes.
August 20, 2000 9:00am
WASHINGTON, Aug. 20 (JTA) — The changing agenda of the Jewish community is increasingly well-documented. For the better part of the postwar period, the Jewish community focused its communal energies and resources on an ethnic/survivalist agenda. But the ethnic/survivalist agenda, which stirred the passions of an entire era of American Jews, no longer excites younger…
Jewish and Israel News in Your Inbox
- Montreal businessman says Judaism inspired him to save children from ISIS
- American Airlines to cancel flights to Israel
- The top 13 Jewish newsmakers of 5775
- Kirk Douglas and wife donating $80 million in new gifts
- Natalie Portman says Jewish community is too focused on the Holocaust
- Most Orthodox Jews are Republicans and 11 other findings from Pew