March 30, 2016 6:08pm
NEW YORK (JTA) — May women enter the Orthodox rabbinate? May conversions to Judaism be left to the discretion of a local or communal rabbi, or must they be sanctioned by a centralized rabbinic authority? How do concerns for peoplehood weigh on the issue of who is a Jew? Do Jewish tradition and liberal democracy intersect in positive…
March 22, 2012 8:42pm
Far from charting a path toward peace for Israelis and Palestinians, Peter Beinart’s advice, “boycott the settlements to save Israel,” would make peace far less likely, writes an American Jewish Committee leader.
- Romania’s Parliament passes law providing more money for Holocaust survivors
- Ivanka Trump’s rabbi says permission to travel on Shabbat didn’t come from him
- 10,000 Israeli police and counterterrorism officials to secure Trump visit
- Stephen Miller is reportedly writing Trump’s speech on Islam. Here’s why that’s turning some heads.
- Netanyahu angrily orders ministers to attend Trump arrival ceremony